Chapter - 12

He told me that the roses were to expressed how grateful he was to me for agreeing to give him a tuition, well what did he think? That I would accept them? I did take them but then I went outside and handed to the nearest girl and told her it's Alex's. I could hear the girl's irrelevant squeal as I walked back him.

I went to where he was sitting and took out my Math textbook and started explaining from the first chapter.

I think I was the one learning, because he didn't even look at the textbook for the whole 10 minutes of my explanation.

"Is there a textbook on my face?" I demanded with a scolding tone.

He shook his head slowly, "Then why won't you look at the text?" I brought up the textbook to his eyes, "It's right here."

He didn't respond at all, he just kept on looking at me as if he did not hear anything I said at all. "Do you understand?" I breathed deeply.

He nodded.

"Okay, so if you are confused about anything, just ask me, alright?"

He nodded again.

"Do this at your home Okay? So, that's all for today-"

"Wait, wait." He suddenly said.

"What?" I asked.

"How did you do this again?" He pointed his finger on the text book. Well, I could not help but noticed that there were two band-aids on his fingers.

I looked at his question, "What? This, Alex?" I looked at him with a surprised face.

He nodded.

"But I just told you this-"

"I don't understand-"

"But you nod your head yes-"

"No Devona, tell me again." Didn't he just said he understand? I sighed and started explaining again.

As I looked at him in between my explanation to see if he was concentrating or not, our eyes met and it gave me a weird feeling all over again, I don't know why and how I felt chained by his gazed, it was absurd.

I ended the tuition soon after anyway, even though I don't really have a sick uncle, I had some stuff to catch up on. "Do not forget to do your assignment." I told him as I got up from my seat and paced towards the door.

As I was about to grab the door's handle, I was pushed back and turned, this moment again. Me against him and the wall again? Don't I ever learn?

"Devona..." He whispered with his husky voice.

We both looked at each other's eyes, not forming any word for some moment, all I heard was a rain pouring outside and my echoing undeniable loud heartbeat. The feeling I felt that time was indescribable, I for sure know I was not falling for this trouble maker, I had no intention to, but why does my heart have trouble beating every time he stands this close to me? Maybe because our bodies are too close?

"Can you give me a permission to drive you home, Devona?" He started again. I just looked at him, still lost in his eyes, there was something about his eyes which made me breathless, his eyes could make anyone his slave just by looking at them, and maybe that's why I felt like I was chained by some magic whenever he stared at me for too long.

I gulped, and remember exactly what situation I was in, I quickly pushed him away, "Are you blind?" I asked, "Don't you see that I have my own legs? I can walk home by my own."

He smirked, "I'm not blind, and not deaf either and that's exactly why I offered you a ride home." He folded his arms.

"What do you mean?" I asked, he was so good at twisting his words.

"Didn't you hear the rain pouring down from the sky like crazy or are you deaf?" He smirked again, how badly I wish to kick that devil smirk off his face.

"Therefore, I kindly offer you a ride home since I see that you're not carrying an umbrella, am I too wrong for caring about my tutor's health and wellbeing? What if you get sick because of the rain and you could not give me a tuition?"

How much worse could a person showed their gratitude than this? He could have said it without making it sound so bad like that.

"Thank you!" I said coldly, "For your deep concern, but I don't wish to drive home with you."

I told him as I tried to walk out but I was pushed back again, but now more harshly. I looked at him as he grabbed both my arms strongly, his eyes felt different now, it was as if they were not the same eyes at all. "It's the second time." He breathed deeply.

I looked at him, confused. A small amount of fear and terror started to grow in me as his grip became tighter.

"That was the 2nd time you refuse my ride." He suddenly took my bag and walked out of the class leaving me dumbfound. What was that?

I ran after him, he did not make any stop before we both reached the parking lot, and I saw him threw my bag inside a red car. "What do you think you're doing?" I shouted under the hard rain.

"Get inside." He demanded.

"What? You're crazy."

"I am crazy or you're crazy? Standing in the rain and fighting with me won't benefit you in any way, I am trying to help here, and I repeat, get in!" His voice was demanding.

"Trying to help?" I started laughing, "You? Alex Bilimoria helping others?" I laughed like a mad person, but seriously it was just too funny. The biggest bully in the school said he was trying to help me; how could I control my laughter?

"I reckon you don't care for the books inside your bag then." He said as he tried to get inside his car.

"NO!" I screamed, "Wait, don't you dare do anything to my books." I shouted at him.

"This is not working." I heard him say as he walked towards me, I was too surprised at everything to know what exactly was happening as he took my wrist and pulled me with him and forced me inside the car.

As soon as he got inside, I was saying, "For your information-" But he cut me off saying, "For your information, I don't accept no as an answer to anything, with you telling me no for two times? I had no other choice than to shove you inside."

"Why must you insist on driving me home then? When I clearly don't want it." I fought back.

"Because I want to." He looked at me, I quickly looked away before his eyes did some kind of work on me again, "Besides, if I did not force you in, you could really get sick by standing in the rain." He murmured.

"So, where to?" He asked, as I started laughing again, "So, this is your great plan to find out where I live?"

"Don't be ludicrous, I was just being polite." He stated as he started driving.