When Allah Loves a Servant ᴴᴰ┇

The gift of Allah (s.w.t) is when you are in need, and this is why one narration says "when Allah loves his worshiper, he creates tests in that worshippers life", Why tests? Why difficulties? Why calamities?

So that the person can call out to Allah (s.w.t) and worship him in a better way, In a better way! And I am sure that we're all witnessed the weakness of man, when we have everything, you have health, you have a beautiful family, you have wealth, you have no stress, you have a good job.

Sometimes we come in and fulfil our salah with concentration levels in sha Allah that are decent. But the minute have a problem your concentration level is slightly better! The bigger your problem the more closer you are to Allah.

So Allah says, when I love you and I want you to get closer to me I just create a little bit of you term negativity in your life, but I know it is just to bring you closer to me, Allahu Akbar! When Allah loves a slave of his, a worshipper of his then Allah tests him. Allah (s.w.t) puts these trails in his life!

My brothers and sisters when you have a trail in your life do not look at it as something negative, look at it as an opportunity to get closeness to Allah. And promise Allah, that Ya Allah when you take away the suffering of mine I will not go back to my old ways, or I will not take a step backwards in my worship of you Ya Allah. Sometime we make a dua, Ya Allah I've suffered a loss, help me I need to pay this payment and I need to do this and do that! And we come for salatul fajr and we're here for salatul duhur and we're crying after salah, in salah and we're crying out to Allah (s.w.t).

The minute suddenly things are made easy and you've made a big profit and you've managed to pay back, we find ourselves dili dallying even at the time of salah. You say What happened my brother? And he says, No my debt is paid now! So were you worshipping Allah only because you had a problem? If that was the case then we have a lot to correct within ourselves.

But I'd like to think and I'd like to hope that us who are here, the believers who believe in Allah (s.w.t) will realise that even when we are in goodness we still need to turn to Allah! we still need to call out to Allah, Ya Allah I thank you for the gifts you have bestowed upon me. And this is why gratitude to Allah is a great act of worship, To thank Allah for the gifts you have, you will firstly need to sit down and ponder over what are the gifts I have.

Today we are breathing, we have our eyesight, we have so much. When we see others who are perhaps lacking in eyesight and health (May allah grant everyone cure...Ameen) we would realise immediately, Ya Allah you have blessed me! I thank Allah who has granted me such good health who has protected me from something which he has tested someone else with. This is part of the gift of Allah upon us. So to look to those who may not have and immediately thank Allah for what you have is a great act of worship. Which sometimes we lack, we look at a beggar begging and we're thinking about whether to give him or not and we forget for a moment that first thing I need to do is thank Allah that it's not me. Allahu Akbar! Thank Allah, Ya Allah you have kept them in this way, grant them ease and I really thank you Ya Allah for having kept me in a better way. I thank you for having kept me in a better way, and for that you will become charitable to prove that this wealth is actually not yours. The wealth ultimately belongs to Allah and he decides and so when he has given us the capacity to give from that wealth we should make sure that we have not been stingy or we have not been miserly, but we have actually given out!

By Mufti Menk