|•*Rare Faithfulness & True Love•*|

"I have read many love stories in my life and they either ended in suicide or divorce. True love is embedded inside our hearts. Its sweetness can be experienced when we love someone for the sake of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. We seek happiness through His pleasure. What is a love, which is not done for the sake of Allah which dies when one dies? However the true love for the sake of Allah is honored on the Day of Judgment. It is when the loved ones remain in Jannah together forever.

The love story of Prophet Muhammad (Sall Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) begins from the day he went to Syria as a merchant for Khadijah (Radi Allahu Anha). Our beloved Rasulullah (Sall Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) was known for his good manners, honesty, deep thought, sincerity and faith. Khadijah (Radi Allahu Anha), a business-woman of great honor and fortune sent a proposal to him for marriage. After her marriage, she bore all of his children except Ibrahim. She was the first woman Allah's Messenger (Sall Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) married and did not get married to anyone until she passed away.
"When Jibreel (Alayhi Salam) came with Allah's revelation to the Messenger of Allah (Sall Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) in Hira' Cave, the Prophet (Sall Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) went home scared, pale and trembling. He said to Khadija, "cover me, cover me." After she knew what had happened, he said to her, "I am scared, Khadija". Khadija (Radi Allahu Anha) encourage him saying, By Allah, Allah will never make you lose. You keep good terms with your relatives, are truthful, help the weak, are a good host to your guests and help the afflicted." [Reported by Al-Bukhari]
Khadijah (Radi Allahu Anha) comforted the Prophet (Sall Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam). She was the first to enter the fold of Islam and always trusted him. She never doubted him and was a great wife to him. She was always there for him and loved him very much. According to "Ar Raheeq Al Makthum, "She, for twenty-five years, shared with him the toils and trials of life, especially in the first ten years of his Prophethood. He deeply mourned over her death, and once he replied in an honest burst of tender emotions:
"She believed in me while the people disbelieved in me. And she trusted in me while the people belied me. And she helped and comforted me, in person and wealth, when the people would not. Allah provided me with children by her, and He did not with others." (Musnad Imam Ahmed 6/118)
What makes this love story very special is that it is true. Khadijah (Radi Allahu Anha) was always truthful to her husband and she never failed in helping him. Our beloved Allah's Messenger (Sall Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) was facing the worst kind of oppression from the people of Quraish. The beauty of their relationship was they understood each other. They took care of one another and helped each other become stronger in faith. Khadijah (Radi Allahu Anha), the mother of the believers went through every hardship along with Rasulullah (Sall Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam). She always encouraged the Prophet (Sall Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) in the deen of Islam. After the death of his beloved wife, the Prophet (Sall Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) always remembered her and was kind towards her friends. If you look deeply and get to know this love story, you will know what true love itself is! Khadijah (Radi Allahu Anha) was very strong in her faith and she helped the Prophet (Sall Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) spread out the true message of Islam. Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala honored her and blessed Rasulullah (Sall Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) with her.
"Jibreel (Alayhi Salam) came to the Prophet (Sall Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) and said: 'O' Messenger of Allah, Khadeejah is coming to you with vessels containing food and drink. When she comes to you, convey to her the greeting of salaam from her Lord and from me, and give her the glad tidings of a house of pearls of Paradise, in which there is no noise or hard work." (Bukhari and Muslim)
Love is a gift. It is one of the signs of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and a great blessing bestowed upon us. It does not come or go according to our moods. It always stays and remains inside us. Love connects one heart to another with a feeling of understanding, faith and happiness. The bliss of love cannot be compared, it is unique. Love calls for patience, tolerance and forgiveness. In love, people sacrifice everything for Allah's sake.
My husband paused and saw my eyes filled with tears. He wiped them off and I wiped his. He then asked me, "If I would like to accompany him to his Palace." I wasn't sure about what he meant by that, so I asked, "where?" He said, "In Jannah Insha'Allah!" I said, "Yes, I would love to accompany you in your Palace in Jannah Insha'Allah."

Love has so many meanings. Love is a feeling. Love is sacrifice. Love is unconditional. It brings two people closer. However, in time it fades... It becomes the cause of our sadness. Love dies when the person dies...

However true love always remains alive in our heart. Its light always shines inside us. We talk about the person we love as if it was fresh and new regardless of age. We tend to love the people who love our spouse. We love to a point we can't stop taking care. We honor them in our lives. To fall in love is to be in the sky with wings.

Ibn Hazm says describing the nature of love:

Of Love-may God exalt you! -the first part is jesting, and the last part is right earnestness. So majestic are its diverse aspects, they are too subtle to be described; their reality can only be apprehended by personal experience. Love is neither disapproved by Religion, nor prohibited by the Law; for every heart is in God's hands. [Tawq Al Hamamah]
Hubb is the Arabic word for love and it is made up of the letters Ha (ح) and Ba (ب). On a side note, to recognize the beauty of the Arabic language, when one says Hubb, the Ha comes from deep inside the throat which almost chokes you (as love does) and when you end the word with Ba, the lips come together as if it were a kiss.
According to the book "Garden of the Lovers by Imam Ibn Qayyim (Rahimahullah), "Love is the divine endowment unto humanity, a serum of the soul's passion and the niche of the heart's innermost light. It is what flows with ease and sets at the scene of a long-winded aspiration, remaining in the deepest streams of life. Like a first breath, it comes with cherished sacredness and does not cease until death overcomes life. And though sometimes heavy on the tongue and rigid to handle with the bare hands, it dominates the subconscious of every creature."

Praise be to Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala), Lord of the Worlds, and may the blessings and peace of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet Muhammad (Sall Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) and his family and the Companions.