Eleven

Dan and Phil headed out to dinner together, waiting for the decision, scared and heart pounding. once they had finished they headed back to the theatre

"this is it" dan sighs, as they're walking to the front of the theatre. 

"I hope to god you get it" Phil says quietly as they head to the back door and knock, Laura Opens it

"Hey guys! come on in, its about to be announced" Laura lets them in, closing the door behind them.

"thank you" dan smiles softly.

"o-oh and dan, before you go out.. I just wanted to let you know, everyone voted for you" she says, dan stops

"e-everyone?"

"everyone, especially me. I asked around and everyone said you. we're all behind you" Laura says quietly. dan smiles and he's eyes start watering again.

"thank you so much" dan replies, she smiles too. they head out onto the stage and James is there waiting, smirking at dan. 

"good luck" dan holds his hand out to him one last time, he looks surprised again.

"a- er, right" he mumbles, shaking it firmly. they turn to the audience, Phil and  all the cast are still there. everyone. 

everyone..

everyone wants him..

"Hello Boys" a voice comes from the intercom, it sounds like Sharon, she must be live on Skype.

"Hello" both of them reply, dans shaking a little at the anticipation

"Congratulations on your performances tonight. you both did great" she says,

"thank you" dan smiles softly, James doesn't reply

"now, for the results I know you've been waiting for. the one who will not be playing Evan will be Evans Understudy" she says. dans shaking more, he can see James looking confident in himself.

"The UK Evan Hansen will be played by-" dans heart is facing so fast he feels sick. James voice floods his mind, all the things he said.

you won't get it, you're worthless

you're nothing compared to me

I'm getting this part, not you

They need REAL ACTO-

"Daniel Howell!" dans heart stops and he can barely breathe, the room fills with loud cheers and clapping, Dan doesn't know how to react, he starts crying and running to Phil, running into his chest and absolutely loosing it, sobbing and crying. everyone surrounds them and do a group hug. they're all still cheering him on. dan looks up and sees James has stormed off, probably to complain to his manager.

"all we see is sky for forever" Laura and Rachel singing like the finale 

"we let the world pass bye for forever" everyone starts joining in

"fells like we could go on for forever, this way. this way.

all we see is light,

watch the sun burn bright

we could be alright for forever this way.

all we see is sky for forever" they all, sing, looking at dans smiling.

"all I see is sky, for forever" dan sings softly. they all hug him again tightly. he's never been happier.

"so when are you getting married again?" will asks loudly, everyone gasps,

"you two are getting married?!"

"OH MY GOD!" 

"WILL YOU INVITE US PLEASE?!" dan and Phil giggle and nod. everyone starts cheering, even picking them up and crowd surfing them. they both squeal and laugh.

after they all say goodbye for the last time, for a while, they head back to the apartment. dan is still shocked

"i'm so proud of you honey, you don't even believe" Phil smiles, holding him tightly.

"pinch me" dan says bluntly

"it's not a dream dan, trust me" Phil giggles, kissing his cheek. when they arrive at the hotel, all dan can do is crash on the bed and and giggle. Phil wraps his arms around dans waist on the bed and hold him close. as they're about to go further, dans phone is vibrating off the table, getting texts, messages and everything in-between. 

"what happened?" Phil asks, dan gets up and grabs his phone, looking at it. he opens his twitter and is met with news reports all over his feed

"Dear Evan Hansen Hitting The West End!"

"Daniel Howell announced to play Evan Hansen in the upcoming UK Production!"

"Meet the UK's Evan Hansen, Daniel Howell!"

"Daniel Howell from The Addams Family Musical Announced to play Evan Hansen on UK tour"

"Jesus Christ everyone is talking about it.." dan says shocked, reading everything. suddenly he gets a call from Carrie Hope Fletcher, he answers

"OH MY GOD DANIEL HOWELL WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME SOONER CONGRATULATIONS BABES!" Carrie screams, dan laughs

"I found out half an hour ago, and thank you!"

"I GOT TO RUN BUT IM SO PROUD OF YOU HONEY! WAY TO GO! EXPECT ME TO BE FRONT ROW!" she says, ending call, as soon as that ends, he gets more and more and more-

"want to shut off the world for a little while?" Phil whispers into dans ear, holding dans waist. dan turns around, turns his phone off and throws it on the couch next to their bed.

"as long as I'm doing it with you" dan smiles, attaching their lips and falling back on the bed and straddling his fiancé, their movements getting more and more heated by the second.

oh and this is only the start of the story.