Twenty Eight

the next day rolls around much quicker than they thought it would. it starts with both the boys talking to their wedding planner and helping set up the reception. Dan can't help but smile, feeling soft and cuddly with Phil all day, more the usual.

"it looks amazing, babe" Phil comes up behind Dan and wraps his arms around his chest, pressing a kiss onto his cheek. Dan blushes deeply and giggles.

"I can't believe it's tomorrow..." Dan sighs, melting into Phil's hold as they look at the room from afar, taking it all in.

"it couldn't come sooner" Phil hums in agreement.

they decide for the rest of the day, they're going to enjoy their last day as just boyfriends, or fiancees. so, with it being unplanned, they catch a cab with a small day bag and head back towards their apartment, to Marylebone station and buy 2 return tickets. with the small pieces of paper, they head onto the next train and sit next to each other and watch the train leave the station.

"it's been a while since we've been back.." Phil whispers, pressing a kiss to Dan's cheek. Dan smiles and nods.

"it's gonna be weird, that's for sure..." Dan replies, leaning his head on Phil's shoulder and closing his eyes. Phil smiles lovingly at him and rests his head atop of Dan's.

the train ride is pretty quick, as the trains are almost like bullet trains from Japan. but they arrive and step off the train onto the familiar platform.

"it hasn't changed at all" Phil smiles, linking arms with Dan as they walk towards the exit with the small crowd. Dan too notices nothing changed about the station. everything just as they left it.

when the head out, they plan where they wanted to go. first, the old high school. they knew exactly where to go, taking their time as they walk down the winding streets.

they're about a block away when Dan suddenly stops in his tracks. Phil stops too and looks confused.

"what's wrong?" he asks, softly rubbing Dan's arm as he moves in front of him to make sure he was okay. Dan looks up at him, and the image is uncanny, especially with the fact that Phil was wearing a black leather jacket that day and Dan was wearing his lilac purple shoes.

"do you realise where we are standing right now?" Dan asks, looking around them and it's somehow the exact spot. Phil looks around them at the houses, confused a little until he looks back down at Dan. his eyes widen, smiling softly.

"look out next time, flower boy" Phil chuckles, pressing a kiss to Dan's cheek. Dan blushes and gives him a kiss too.

"I can't believe you remember that" Dan sighs, wrapping his arm around Phil's arm as they continue to walk.

"how could I forget? I had all those ugly piercings and that ugly eyeliner" Phil fakery gags, making Dan laugh.

"the eyeliner was bad, but you weren't. you're just a big softie and I'm glad I could see that in you" Dan hums. Phil chuckles.

"I'm glad you did too"

they soon arrive at the school, it seems that it's a school day and there are students in classes. they walk up to the gate and look.

"it doesn't feel like its nearly been two years since we were last here" Dan sighs,

"yeah it really doesn't... did you want to go in?" Phil asks. Dan laughs and skips inside the gate.

"come on then!" Dan runs up to the steps and to the doors. Phil smiles fondly at him and follows behind. Dan opens the big glass doors and they walk inside the currently empty hallway.