Seventeen

(can't we be seevvveeennnttteeeennnn?? thats all I want tooooo dooooo)

Dan was feeling anxious as he watched the empty street, no one has shown up yet, but it was only 4:30pm. dan has texted Winona about whats going on and has come up with an excuse for why he isn't there yet.

"dan look" phil points out to him, dan looks down at the street, his mum is in her usual place, hidden behind some of the decorative plants in the doorway.

"s-should we call him?"

"yeah go on"

dan pulls his phone out and presses on "Pj",

"Is she there?" pj answers,

"y-yeah, are you guys near by?"

"we are at Marylebone station, hold on" dan hears them running, until they see him and some police officers come and approach her. she tries to run for it but they drag her down, pulling her into the police car as she yells and screams for them to get off of her, and this is in her own right. she's swearing and going mental but she's been apprehended and that means its time to leave and go to the theatre.

"she's in the car locked up, its oka come out now" pj says. dan nods.

"okay we will be out in a few" dan says hanging up and grabbing all his stuff. phil is dressed in a slim suit and looks quite sexy in it to be honest. its a navy blue blazer and light blue accessories, for the shows theme. phil will be waiting for the show to start with dan, to comfort him and then leave to head through the front to watch.

they both head down to the garage and get in the Tesla, driving out and meeting PJ at the bottom and letting him in.

"she put up a fight, thats for sure"

"no kidding" dan sighs, watching as they're basically escorted by police cars.

"have you got James yet?" dan asks, a little worried.

"no not yet, they'll be getting him from the back door" pj explains.

after a few minutes of driving they make it to the theatre and the police car is behind them, they drive up to the gate, dan shows the guard his key pass and lets them both in, there are fans at the gate, noticing that they are there.

"okay ready?" phil asks, dan nods. all of them head out of the cars, to be heard with loud screams of people. Phil, Pj and the Police all follow dan inside the backstage, where he's met with Winona

"oh you're here thank god" she breathes in relief. they all lead into the dressing rooms where dan and phil are told to stay locked in dans room as they get James. dan does as they're told and lock the door behind them.

"its all going to be better today, bear" phil says, holding dan in his arms, dan sighs, taking a deep breath, and becoming calm by the smell of phils suit, the sound of handcuffs and talking are outside their door before another timid knock is at their door, dan unlocks it to see pj.

"He's been arrested and will be taken to court as soon as possible. Have a great show, Dan" pj says

"Wait, don't you want to say and watch?"

"I'd love to but I have to help write up their reports. Maybe soon though. I'll see you later then" pj waves goodbye and leaves with all the police.

It's over now, dan feels a heavy weight lifted off him

"How do you feel?" Phil asks

"Much better.." dan breathes, and smiles softly.  Dan gets dressed into his costume, Fixing his hair mic into his hair and gets his cast put on. Phil watches in fascination. Once his cast is done, he looks at himself and feels happy with how it looks.

"Cast and crew 10 minuets till curtain, 10 minutes" the intercom calls. Dan quickly fixes his mic again making sure its in place and turns to phil. he starts to worry, 

"you'll do a fantastic job" phil reminds him, pressing one last kiss on his lips and holding him tightly.

"i'll see you soon" phil says starting to leave, dan nods

"okay" dan sighs sarcastically, phil giggles

"I love you" phil says, dan blushes a little

"I love you too, now go before they close the front door" dan laughs, phil blows him a kiss and leaves his room. dan looks back into the mirror.

"Come on dan. lets do this" dan gets into to character, 

"Cast and crew this is curtain call please get to your places, get to your places" dan quickly leaves his room and heads to the stage, his mic is now on and he gets onto the bed with the laptop.

"you ready?" Winona asks, dan nods

"good luck out there" she give him a quick hug and he smiles. suddenly he's pulled out into the middle of the stage, the sound of thousands cheering. the light go up and the waving through a window jungle starts playing.

"Dear, Evan Hansen, er, today is going to be an, Amazing day! and heres why! because, because today all you have to do, is just be yourself.." dan starts to pretend to type,

"but also confident thats important, and easy to talk to and interesting to talk to but believe in yourself thats the number one be yourself." theres laughter.

"and also don't worry about if your hands are gonna get sweaty for no reason because they're not but if you keep thinking they're sweaty, they're not gonna be sweaty! just be yourself!" dan squeaks, and theres more laughter. after his dialogue is over Winona walks out as Hedi, and Anybody have a Map starts

"dear Evan Hansen todays going to be a good day and heres why!" she starts

"I started one.." 

"those letters are important honey, they're gonna help you build your confidence!"

once the sow continues, everything goes as planed, everything is perfect. and before dan knows it, its over and theres a standing ovation. they all take a bow, then bow for the orchestra and head off stage where everyone is celebrating and screaming. 

Dans wishes have come true.