Twenty Three

Dan woke up with sun in his eyes. with his eyes closed he attempts to close the curtain around the bed, he flails his hand next to him, finding nothing. he finally opens his eyes to look for it but finds nothing next to him. he's on the floor. 

he sits up, looking around the room. him and phil had fallen asleep together on the bedroom floor. surrounding them are their clothes and the entire bed is trashed, with the duvet on the floor with them, covering their bodies. 

"fuck" dan groans, feeling his entire body hurt and bruised. phil murmurs something, waking up. he looks up at dan and giggles

"what are you laughing at?" dan asks, phil keeps laughing, he points to dans hair. dan quickly touches his hair, feeling something sticky. 

"Ew! what the fuck?!" dan asks, phil is laughing so hard he cant breathe, he's rolling around on the floor. dan quickly stands up and runs to the bathroom, not caring if he was naked. he looks at his hair. knowing exactly what it is, he turns the sink on and starts washing his hair rapidly. he looks back up at himself and its all gone. 

dan storms back out into the bedroom and looks at phil, heaving from laughing. dan glares at him

"thats disgusting phil"

"Thats not what you told me last night!" phil scream laughs. dan sighs, knowing phil is right.  dan sits back down next to phil.

"you're lucky I love you" dan says. phil finally calms down. 

"mhmm yeah I know" phil giggles, wrapping his arms around dan and snuggling him. 

they finally get up and get dressed, and start cleaning up the mess they made. once hey had done that, dan finds his awards, getting a closer look at them.

'Best Lead Actor in a Musical, Daniel H.Lester IN Dear Evan Hansen'

'Best Performance by Male Actor, Daniel H.Lester IN Dear Evan Hansen'

'Best Duet in Musical, Daniel H.Lester & Claire Lustrell IN Dear Evan Hansen'

he smiles, looking at them. Phil comes back into the room and looks at dan, smiling softly. dan turns around and notices him standing there.

"I don't know where I'm going to put them" dan mumbles, 

"I do, come with me" Phil says, dan picks them all up and follows Phil into their study. when he enters, his workspace looks different, its a vanity now with shelves surrounding it, with little plants on some of the shelves.

"oh phil! did you make this?" dan asks, looking at in, phil hums and smiles

"just a little something for you to have when you're working" Phil says, dan smiles, pressing a kiss onto phils lips. Phil helps dan put the awards up on a shelf , all ready filling some of the space. they stand back and smile

"Im so proud of you dan" Phil smiles, holding dan in his arms. dan smiles too

"I love you so much" dan whispers, giving Phil another kiss.

Their day was slow, but knowing the rest of the week is going to be absolutely mental. after all of dans shows he has to leave so he and Phil can go talk to a wedding planer. they've saved a lot of money to have a big celebration and are absolutely excited for it. 

"Hey I'm going down to Tesco, did you want to come?" Phil asks, dan looks up from his laptop

"yeah, should probably get some air" dan smiles. they get their shoes on and head down to the garage, getting in the Tesla and heading out. 

the traffic is surprisingly quiet so they get there in record time, parking and heading inside to the Tesco and grabbing everything on the shopping list.

Milk, Tea bags, spaghetti and meatballs, some random salad and a chocolate dan snuck in when they were at the checkout.  once they've paid they leave quickly, walking back to the car. but dan doesn't look where he's going, looking at his phone and accidentally walks into someone, dropping his phone to the ground

"oh my god I'm so sorry!" dan apologises, quickly grabbing his phone, luckily it isn't cracked. 

"thats alri- Daniel?.." dan gulps, slowly looking up at the person, it's an older man, probably late 50's, but dan somehow recognises him, like he's met him before a long long time ago.. and then it suddenly hits him like a blow to the stomach. 

"D-Dad?"