Twenty Two

"Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to the 2018 Brit Awards! I am your host for this evening, Jameela Jamil" dan recognises her straight away, she plays as Tahani Al-Jamil in The Good Place. 

as the awards for music and films are announced, it comes around to best actors in Film, Television and Musicals. dan is shaking, feeling nervous. 

"now, for our Best Male Actors! our Nominees are.. Eddie Redmayne as Newt Scamander in the Fantastic Beats franchise, John Boyega as Finn in Star Wars, Ben Whishaw as Padington Bear in Paddington and Daniel H. Lester as Evan Hansen, in Dear Evan Hansen" the names are called, dan watches the stage as the presenters are handed a envelope, he doesn't care if he looses at this point, all the actors he's up against are amazing.

"And the Best male actor goes to... Ben Whishaw!" dan smiles wide and claps, his favourite movie is paddington so it really doesn't hurt. he knows that ben deserves it.

as the night moves on it comes to the musical section.

"Its time for our best lead actor in a musical! the nominees are, Janique Charles as Nala in The Lion King, KJ Hippensteel as Elder Price in The Book Of Mormon, Daniel H.Lester as Evan Hansen in Dear Evan Hansen and James Celine as Fiyero in Wicked" dans heart stops as soon as he hears that last name.. James is here. he shakes himself out of it and doesn't focus on him, he feels his heart beat increases as they get the envelope

"and your winner for Lead actor in a Musical is.." dan takes a deep breath, waiting to be disappointed~

"Daniel H.Lester!" the table and everyone starts cheering, dan doesn't know what to do, if he's laughing or crying. he quickly stands up and walks up onto the stage, meeting Jameela and giving her a hug, she hands him the award and he thanks her. and before he can realise it, his eyes are watering,

"oh wow, I really cant believe this is happening!" dan laughs, and everyone else does too

"I want to thank all my fantastic co stars and all of the amazing crew who help make Dear Evan Hansen such a pleasure to act in, you guys are absolutely fantastic and its such an honour to work with you all!" dan smiles, everyone in the massive room cheers as he walks off and back to his table, all of them smiling and happy for him.

Dan ends up winning 3 out of 5 awards he was nominated for, but now its time for the best shows overall.

"Best musical! Nominated are.. The Book of Mormon, Dear Evan Hansen, Wicked and The Lion King!"  everyone at the dear Evan Hansen table lock hands in a circle and jiggle in excitement.

"and the winner is.. Dear Evan Hansen!" they all cheer and start running up on stage together, dan stands next to Seth and Winona, smiling wide and happily. 

"Thank you to everyone who voted for us, we never would have been up here if it wasn't for all you guys and we couldn't be happier!" the director says and the room wills with cheers and clapping. out of the corner of his eye, he notices James scowling at him. they all walk back to the table and look at all the awards everyone has won.

"and last in the West End section is best overall Production! Nominations are Wicked, Dear Evan Hansen, 42nd Street, Matilda and The Book Of Mormon!" they all wait in suspension as they watch them rip the last envelope.

"and your winner is... Dear Evan Hansen!" they're nearly screaming as they get back up again and all rush back on stage. dan isn't planing on speaking but the director lets him take the mic

"this is seriously un real! thank you everyone fro voting for us, you are amazing and everyone here is amazing, thank you all!" dan says, holing the award up, more cheers and clapping are heard.

as the show ends, table by table are taken out to another red carpet with their awards. dan goes first, holding his 3 alone awards and smiling wide and happily, feeling like he was floating on a cloud of pure happiness. he then joins the entire cast. they have enough for all of the cast to hold one award, all laughing and smiling. once the night was over, they all headed back in the car with all of the awards, they all drunkenly singing Green Light by Lorde. 

when they arrive back at dans apartment, they drop him off, he wishes everyone goodnight and heads inside the doors, up the elevators and up to his apartment. he unlocks the door and as soon as he does, phil is waiting for him and pins him back against the closed door, passionately making out with dan, barely letting them breathe. when they pull away they are panting, 

"im so fucking proud of you" phil smiles, dan realises he's crying and he starts crying too

"I cant believe it, I really cant" dan giggles, kissing phils cheeks, making him smile

"I can, you're amazing dan, you deserve it so much" phil says, dragging him into the bedroom. dan puts all 3 awards down carefully but as soon as he has he has hands all over him, removing every Inch of clothing but getting it replaced with hot steam and body heat.