03| Next to You 🥀

"Hey there champ." Yoongi greets Lisa as she enters the car. Lisa was now in junior high. She wasn't with the "big dogs" yet, but she was surely getting there. She was tall, in fact taller than she should have been for her age. Yoongi noticed that Lisa wasn't in a good mood as she usually was.

"What's wrong?" he asked. Lisa sighed. "Nothing. I'm fine." she replies. Yoongi pulls the car over to the side of the road. "I know when something is wrong with you. I am not moving this car until you tell me what's wrong.

Lisa sighs. "There's this girl at school. She and this guy they make me feel uncomfortable." Lisa admits after the two sat in silence for a few minutes. Yoongi frowns. "How?" he asks. Lisa sighs once more as she begins to tear up.

"They just say things. Mean things. About me about the way I live. About you." - "They make fun of me because I don't have parents and they make comments about my body and the way I dress."

To say Yoongi was furious would be an understatement. He was raging. He gave himself a few seconds to calm down before he chuckles lowly. Lisa turned to him. "W-why are you laughing?" she asked sadly as she began to cry.

"It's just...you've never had a bully and I can't even believe someone would start something like this with you. For what? You don't have parents. Maybe you don't, but you do have the best damn brother. Be proud of that. They make fun of you because of the way you dress. You dress the way you do because you are not like them Lisa. You don't wear shorts with half of your ass out and you don't wear crop tops just to show of your body and that gets you respect."

Lisa began to cry harder upon hearing her brother yell. It wasn't the fact that he was yelling, but it was everything he was saying. It was true and now she realizes it. "Lalisa you have everything they don't. They're the ones who need help. You are perfect and don't you ever forget it."

Lisa smiled as she embraced her brother. "Thank you Yoongi."

Later that night Yoongi knocked on Lisa's room door. "I just wanted to talk to you before you went to sleep." Lisa stopped doing her homework, like she actually wanted to be doing it in the first place and looked at her brother.

"What's up?" she asked. Yoongi leaned on the frame of the door. "It's just earlier today when we talked...you didn't want to tell me what was going on." Lisa's mood softened as she listened to her brother.

"I know you're tired of hearing it but all we have is us. Each other. The fact that you don't want to tell me when something bad happened at school and has put you in a bad mood makes me disappointed almost."

Lisa sighed. "You're right. And I'm sorry. I just don't know how to get through all the things that teenagers do. I don't...I don't exactly have a mother to go to for stuff like that." Lisa sadly admitted. Yoongi frowned, but it was soon replaced by a smile.

"Lisa there is a lot you don't know yet and haven't told you because I don't think you're ready because the truth will be overwhelming. I think you'll be ready in a few years. You're strong. But you're only as strong as you make yourself to be. That's why we have to stick together."

Lisa nodded as Yoongi started to leave. "Yoongi wait." her voice stopped him causing him to turn around. "Thank you. For everything." she says as she looks at her papers. Yoongi smiles before leaving. "I love you." she quickly adds causing Yoongi to stop midway down the hall.

He smiles before going back to her door frame. He smiles. "Yeah...I love you too sis. Get some rest." he says walking away and smirking to himself. Saying "I love you." was complicated for them. Yoongi didn't ever pressure her to say it or be like those parents who make sure their kids know to say it.

Yoongi explained to her when she was younger that the words "I love you." are important. They have power. He told her that its used when you want someone to really know how much you care about them. From then on he just waited for her say it when she felt like it was necessary.

It was an unexplainable feeling for Yoongi. One that felt better than anything else. Lisa finally understood the basics. That there's more to the story, but for right now its just she and Yoongi. And now that she finally understands the meaning of that, Yoongi can tell her the real truth.

---

Author's Note: Are any of you crying yet because of this sibling pairing? I almost did a few times. If you aren't yet you will be. There is one more flashback chapter and if you haven't guessed it yet it will be Lisa in high school and there will be a special person in the next chapter.

Don't forget to leave a vote if you're enjoying this book and drop some comments for support!

I will see you in the next chapter.