30| Forever's Not Too Long 🥀

24 HOURS EARLIER

"I'll love you forever."

Jungkook smiled. "I'll love you forever too Lisa. But you know, forever's not too long." Jungkook replied as he caressed her cheek. Lisa frowned. "What do you mean?" she asked. Jungkook smiled. "It's nothing Lisa." he assured her. She looked at him confusedly, but shrugged it off.

"Lisa." her name was called. She looked at the door frame. There stood Jennie who looked at the two before walking away. Lisa turned to Jungkook and sent him a small smile before she got up. She followed Jennie down to her room.

"So has Jungkook told you about our company tomorrow?" she asked. Lisa shook her head. Jennie rolled her eyes. "Of course he hasn't," she stated. "What's that supposed to mean?" Lisa snapped. "Nothing." Jennie replied.

"Now Listen, something's going on with Jungkook. Suddenly there's people visiting. Do people just visit the devil any day of the week? There's something he's not telling us." Jennie stated. Lisa thought for a moment before shrugging. "I don't know what if it's just the sirens or Pranpriya?"

"Pranpriya is done with Jungkook and I doubt the sirens would come back if they knew what awaited them. What if...it's your brother?" Jennie spoke up. Lisa rolled her eyes. "My brother? Jennie I think you've been spending too much time in the corner. Maybe you should spend more time with Jungkook." Lisa suggested.

"Everything isn't about Jungkook Lisa!"  Jennie spat. "Is it not?" Jennie heard a voice ask. She turned to see Jungkook standing in front of them. "I like to think everything is about me." he added. Jennie rolled her eyes, but that facade didn't mask her beating heart.

"No need to be scared Jennie. I would never hurt you. Either of you. You should just be more careful." Jungkook stated. Jennie looked over to Lisa who only smirked. It was then that she realized, something about all of this definitely wasn't right.

"Follow me," Jungkook's voice snapped her out of her thoughts. Jennie looked at Lisa who began walking. She slowly followed the two down the hall of the building that she still didn't understand that well.

"So ladies I mentioned that we'll have company later. I have some business to handle and you get to witness it. Except, you'll be cloaked." he spoke. Jennie frowned.

"Cloaked. As in they won't be able to locate you with any spells or see you." he explained. After that explanation Jennie knew that it had to be Yoongi and the others.

Instead of questioning it she decided that she had to try to escape her own way. When Jungkooo only pays attention to one of two sirens the other starts picking up on a few things and suddenly whatever spell he has over them slowly starts wearing off.

Which is why Jennie fully understood the situation and was against it, but at the same time she was still under his control and had to show loyalty, but she had a couple tricks up her sleeve.

She turned to Lisa. "Sounds exciting. Who's coming?" she asked. Jungkook smirked. "Important people. You two should rest up. The trip to Obsidian is a bumpy ride as you know." he stated. Jennie nodded as she turned around walking into a room.

That same night she made sure Lisa was asleep. To no surprise she wasn't in her bed. Mostly likely she was in Jungkook's.

Jennie rolled her eyes as she used her fangs to bite into her wrist, cutting the skin. Being half vampire half siren finally came in handy. She watched as the blood dropped from her wrist.

She patiently waited as he blood fell onto the floor. She sighed. "Come on, how far down did he wedge this thing?" she muttered. Eventually a tiny piece of glass fell from her wrist. She then covered the wound waiting for it to heal.

She removed the towel and looked at her skin that looked good as new. She then picked up the small piece of glass as she remembered the reason why she had it.

FLASHBACK

"Are you sure I should do this?" Jennie asked. "Jennie. You're free. Go with Yoongi. I'll be okay." Jennie felt the tears burning her eyes. "But," - "No. I'll be okay. I promise." Jennie looked at the male as a tear trailed down her face.

"How will I know you're okay?" she asked. The male thought for a moment before he smiled. He began to chant and in a few minutes a scroll appeared in his hands. He then began another incantation which shrunk the scroll.

"This will sound crazy, but you need to keep this somewhere safe. If it ends up in the wrong hands it won't be good." Jennie nodded. "I'll protect it. What is it?"

"You don't understand Jennie you need to keep this close. Give me your arm." he spoke. Jennie did so. The male began to chant again. After a few seconds Jennie felt a sharp paint that then went away.

She could see something glowing from inside her wrist. She turned to the male with wide eyes. "W-what did you do?" She stuttered. "You don't understand how important this is. The safest place to keep it is somewhere internal."

"When you're in deep trouble or if anything happens and you think it's worth worrying about take it out and repeat the spell." Jennie frowned. This made zero sense, but she wasn't going to question it.

"Thank you for everything, Taeyong." she spoke. He smiled as he hugged her back. "Take care. Yoongi's a great guy."

END OF FLASHBACK

Jennie looked at the scroll that soon enlarged as it was the first time she saw it. This was it. This was her escape plan. Whatever Taeyong gave her it had to work. She was definitely in trouble.

Only not everything worked the way it was supposed to. Time was running out. Jennie was nervous and somehow she ended up all alone with Jungkook and a haunting memory.

"Lisa." she muttered to herself as a single tear fell from her eye. She looked at the scroll in her hand. This was her fault.

She should've tried harder.

She should've been stronger.

She should've worked faster.

She should've saved her.

END OF BOOK I

——
Author's Note: There's a book 2! I'm working on two series currently. I don't know what I just wrote at all, but at least it gives you a glimpse at a different point of view and it gives a little detail about Jennie's past which will be further explained in book 2. I kept it short and left on on a cliffhanger. I think. I hope you've enjoyed reading this as much as I've enjoyed writing it. I love you all and can't wait to write book 2❤️ (this is a really long A/N)

Leave your final thoughts in the comments and don't forget to vote one last time to show your support.

I will see you in the next book.