Chapter 4: "wow"

I try to find a seat, away from Wyatt, but the teacher starts talking. "Everyone, this is Y/n L/n, this is her first day here." I stand up and feel everyone's eyes on me. I shyly smile, then quickly sit down at my desk and take out my math book. I open it up and see firmilier math. 'I did this like, two years ago' I thought. So while the teacher was talking, I doodled on a piece of paper. Soon enough, th e bell rung and I left class, only to see Netty and Finn together. No. I don't wanna look dumb in front of Wyatt. "Hey girl, it's awesome here. Everything we learned like, two years ago." Netty said walking closer to me. Finn smiled at me then did his handshake with Wyatt they first came up with on the set of IT when they were 13. Wyatt says hi to Netty then turns to me and says "You look firmilier, have we met?" "We um, nope, no I'm Y/n." I struggle for words. "I'm Wyatt." He says, holding out his hand. I shake it, and smile. "Next, we go science." Netty tells me. "Us too!" Finn says, with exitment.

Soon the school day is over with. "Umm, Netty. Do you guys wanna hang out with us?" Finn asked, sounding nervous. Netty smiled and nodded, then everyone looked at me. I did the same.

We went to near-by carnival. "How about we go on the Farris Wheel?" Wyatt asks, then the group nods in agreement. We got on and Netty and Finn got in a cart together. Guess that means me and Wyatt. "Umm, you can get on before me." Wyatt says, trying to be nice. "No you before me, I need help getting on." I say shyly. He gets on before me and helps me on by grabbing my hand. I sat down next to him. It was silent for a moment. "So, tell me more about yourself." Wyatt said, breaking the silence. "Well, I just moved here. So did my best friend Netty. Clearly." I said, sounding extremely rude. But I wasn't trying to. I didn't wanna full blown fangirl in front of him. "Why did you move?" He asked. I needed to avoid the question. What was I gonna say? "Oh I moved because everyone in my school hated you and the rest of the it cast so I got bullied everyday". No that's too weird. Something came to my mind. "I needed a change. Something new." He smiled at me then said "Well I'm glad you guys came. Finn seems happy with Netty and your a super cool girl." I could feel my face growing red and hot. I asume he saw my actions because, he mimicked them. The ride stops. "W-Why did it- not going anymore?" I said panicing. "I don't know, but don't panic. I've got you." He said grabbing my hand, making me stop in my tracks. "Okay" I say, frozen. We look at eachother for a couple seconds, then the ride starts back up. I look down to see our hands, still touching. He does too. We don't do anything though. Just continue the ride. "So, do you think he really, really likes her?" I ask Wyatt, causing us to look behind us at Finn and Netty. Netty had her head on his shoulder and he was playing with her hair. We turned back around. "Yeah. He never gets that close with anyone. But Jack. Or Millie." He responds. "Do you think she really really likes him?" He shoots the question back at me. "I know she does. She's liked him since he was on that episode of supernatural. I remember her exact words." I say. "What were they?" He asked. "Wow. He's like super cute." I answered, rembering the day. "Oh." He added. The rest of the ride was quite, other than the giggling of Netty and Finn behind us. I really like Wyatt. But I refuse to talk. I dont wanna ruin things between us. So I'll just keep it simple.

"Girl come a bit closer, look in my eyes"

690 words