Chapter 5: Target pt. 1

We finally got off the ride and went to go play games. Wyatt won me a little stuffed duck. "What should I name him?" I asked, holding up the duck. "I think you should name it Wyatt. Because Wyatt is such an amazing name." He replied, with a smile on his face. I started smiling then I nodded. He was just so cute, I couldn't get over it.

Later that day

Me and Netty rode home on our bikes. I couldnt stop thinking about him. Did he like me? Does he like me? I like him, a lot. Maybe too much. We pulled up to our house, and put our bikes in the garage. We went up to our room, but didn't talk. It was weird considering we always talk at the end of the day. I broke the silence. "Netty, are you okay?" She glanced up at me from her phone and responded with "Yeah, why? Are you okay." She got up and walked over to my bed and sat down. "Soo, you and Finn. How's that going?" I say, wiggling my eyebrows. Her face lit up when I said Finn. "He um asked me out on a date." She said, smiling brightly. "OMG! That's great!" I squeeled. "I know, but on to you. You and Wyatt." She asked me. "It's um, not anything really. He just is really friendly, like Finn." I said, feeling my mood drop when I heard what I said. "Aww, I'm sure he likes you. Double date with me and Finn" Netty suggested. "No. No, No, No. He clearly doesn't like me, he's just being nice." I said. "Well, don't say I didn't try." She said picking up her phone and going back to her bed. I plopped down on my bed and stared at the celling. Why is this so hard? I kept asking myself. Soon I drifted off to sleep.

The next morning

I woke up in my clothes from last night. The first thing I did was check my phone.

One unread text from "Unknown Number"

I opened my phone to see who it was.

"Hey Y/n, it's Wyatt. I wanna know if you wanna hang out. Just me and you?"

I quickly replied with: "Sure, what time and where?"

"How bout target, I love target. We can buy something and then use it. And we can go tommorow."

My brows scrunched up at the text "Target?" I said out loud. But I couldn't say no, target is my favorite place ever. I texted back with "okay" then he sent the thumbs up emoji. He is so neardy. But I still can't deny him. He's just so, perfect.

The next day

I woke up and got ready. I can't wait for this little get together with Wyatt. On my way out I grabbed my money. I hope 30 dollars is enough. I walked to the city bus stop and waited for the bus. While I stood there I texted Wyatt.

Me: Hey, I'll be at Target in like 30 minutes tops.
Wyatt: Oakie Dokie, I'm on my way now.
Me: Okay, text u when I get there.

I clicked my phone off then hopped on the bus in front of me.

Time skip to 23 mins later

I walked into Target and saw Wyatt. "Hey! What do you wanna get?" I say walking over to him, causing him to turn around and smile at me. "Hey, we can get what ever you want." He said, causing me to blush uncontrollably. "Okay." I say, as we walk into the electronic section. My face lights up as I run over to a copy of IT. "This. I wanna get this." I say smiling brightly. He rolls his eyes then says "Fine". I jump up and down. He slightly smiles then we go get some snacks. "What do you want to get? I like candy." He says grabbing a mix of fun sized candy bars. "I kinda like hot cheetos." I say grabbing a bag of them. "Now, ice cream." He says, turning the corner to the next frozen foods isle. "How about this one." I say grabbing a big tub of cookie dough ice cream. "Sounds perfect." He says, taking out of my hand. "When we get home we can order some pizza." He adds on. "Okay" I say, looking deep into his eyes. We walk to the check out, then leave the store.

"Fate is right around the corner"

744 words