Chapter 9

Buzz

I looked up from my computer screen and saw that my phone was lighting up on my night stand. I reached over and grabbed it off of the charger to see who texted me.

Micah - You Up?

I contemplated on whether or not I should text him back. It was 1 o'clock in the morning and where I'm from this time of night is known as hoe hours. I wasn't sure if I wanted to make myself available to him or not. I especially did not want him to get the wrong idea. However I was up and bored and the movie I was watching had suddenly lost my interest. After taking 5 minutes to weigh my options I finally texted him back.

Me- Maybe...

Micah- Come through

Me- Nigga how

Micah- Uber?

I had to stop texting him for a moment. Did this nigga really just tell me to take an Uber at this time of night. He really got me fucked up on so many levels.

Me- Niggggga nooo

Me- Are you serious

Me- Do you know what tf can happen to me

Micah- Lol chill ma, I'll pay for it

I was about to text him about how he had me fucked up. I didn't care if he was paying or not I wasn't about to get in an Uber at this time of night by myself. As soon as I was finished typing out my response my phone started to vibrate in my hand indicating that he was calling me.

"What" I answered in a harsh whisper.

"Your Uber gone be outside in 5 minutes" He stated with a bit of humor.

"Nigga what part of I'm not taking an Uber at this time of night do you not understand" I stated continuing to whisper. He lucky that Amor was already sleep and I didn't want to disturb her.

I got up off my bed and slipped on some grey sweatpants and my panda bear bedroom shoes. I was about to go in the study room down the hall so I wouldn't wake her. I was bound to increase my tone while I was talking to him.

"Look I'm gone be on the phone with you the whole time and you got pepper spray right"

"That's besi-" I was saying before he cut me off.

"Right"? he asked once again. I was quiet. "Plus the uber is an old white woman"

"Nigga I seen Get out" I stated a little loud causing Amor to stir in her sleep. I could hear Micah laughing in my ear at my response.

"Man just please come, I got you I promise" The tone of his voice was so sincere. Maybe I was being a little too paranoid.

"Ughhhhhh, ok let me know when she's here" I stated as I picked up my keys.

"She's actually there now"

I rolled my eyes before I walked out of the room. Once I had reached the outside I was looking for the car that belonged to the Uber.

"It's a black dodge" Micah said in my ear. I looked around the parking lot but I couldn't see a black dodge. Right when I got ready to tell him I didn't see a black dodge one pulled up in front of me.

I went to open the back but it was locked. "Get in the front" Micah said. I rolled my eyes.

"Why the hell do I have to ride in the front" I asked as I opened the front door. As soon as I sat down I turned my head to speak to the Uber driver. "Hey Micah" I said looking at him. "Nigga answer me" I stated in the phone and then it dunned on me the Uber driver was Micah.