Chapter 26

Micah P.O.V

"Yea, she gone be good dawg. Thanks for asking" Keeb said. We were standing out in the lobby of the emergency room talking about the events that had just transpired. I was asking him how Kia was doing. Even though she worrisome I never wanted to see her going through something like this, especially not a suicide attempt. "What about De? Is she good?" he asked. I scratched my head searching for the answer, it was hard to explain.

"Yea she good, Jada in the room with her now." I said putting my hands in my front pockets.

"Man" he said hanging his head. I already knew what was on his mind.

"Yo, don't even trip on that shit. That ain't your fault man and as much as I hate to say it, it ain't even Jada's fault" I said placing my hand on his back. I knew that shit was bothering him. Kia and Jada been fighting over this man since the beginning of the semester and the semester almost over.

"Jada should have never brought her ass over there, but I can't even blame her. I knew" he said dropping his head once more and I even think I saw some tears roll down his face. I frowned my face up. What does he mean 'he knew'?

"Aye man am I missing something" I asked. Keeb looked around us before he decided to speak.

"A couple months ago I caught her cutting her wrist. I confronted her about it and she let me in on some deep shit, like her depression and what not." He said. I nodded my head ok but this still doesn't explain why he feel it's his fault.

"Ok, so she was depressed man that still ain't your fault" I said.

"But she told man, she told me that she was already depressed and that me going back and forth between her Jada affected her as well and that she has cut herself a few times after seeing us together. I made a promise to her then, that Jada would be out the picture and I'll never put her in that situation again". I nodded my head in understanding. Although I still wouldn't flat out blame because mental health is serious that only the person suffering can take initiative to change. However, if he made that promise to her then he does play a part in what happened tonight. Right before I could respond to him, Amor ran in.

"Where's De? Is she alright?" she looked between Keeb and I with her worried eyes. I can't blame her, the vibe of our conversation was sad. I say Keen dry his eyes quickly.

"She good, Jada's in the room now. She should be waking up soon. The doctor said that a few minutes ago so she may be awake now." I said looking at Amor. I could visibly see her relax only for a second though. She turned to keep and raised an eyebrow.

"So what's wrong with you" she asked.

"Oh me, I'm good." He said looking away from her. I could sense she was about ask more questions so I changed the subject.

"Aye, let's go check on De" I said walking towards the room she was in. Keeb and Amor both followed. Once inside I could see that Delondon was actually awake. She and Jada were talking. They were talking low, so I couldn't make out what they were saying but it had to be deep considering they both had serious looks on their face. I'm assuming it was about what happened tonight. Any person could see that Jada felt horrible for what happened to Kia.

"Aww bitch, I'm so glad you're ok" Amor said running to Delondon's bed. Both Delondon and Jada both snapped out of their conversation. I shook my head, they so fucking dramatic.

"Girl I'm good" De said with a faint smile. The three of them then emerged in a conversation, so you already know I tuned them the fuck out.

Turing to Keeb I begin to talk to him. Not even five minutes went by before the doctor walked in.