Chapter 11

Delondon

"Can I say something" Amor asked while sitting up in her bed. I had just walked in from talking to Micah. Since she had came up first she was already changed and in the bed for her Sunday afternoon nap. Every Sunday, no matter if we went somewhere or not, Amor had to take a nap at 3 p.m.. I found it to be odd but she says she's been this way since a baby. 

"I thought you was taking your nap" I asked back confused. Amor didn't let anybody interfere with her Sunday nap. Even her family knew not to call during this time. So the fact that she wanted to have a conversation was surprising to me. 

"I am as soon as we talk, that's if I can say what I'm about to say" She said looking me in the eyes. The seriousness of her voice had me shook. 

"Why are you asking me if you can say something" I asked while finally walking over to my bed. I had been standing by the door since I first walked in. 

"Well you know we're cool and everything but we're still getting to know each other and I don't want to offend you or anything" she responded. Her answer only made my mind wonder more about what exactly it was that she had to say. 

"I appreciate you asking if it's ok for you to say something but you don't have to ask. I promise I'm not easily offended" I said back with a small smile. She smacked her teeth and rolled her eyes. "Ok I lied,  sometimes I can be easily offended but I'm sure whatever it is you have to say won't make me mad" I said finally sitting down.

"Ok well, how do you feel about Micah" she asked looking at me. I furrowed my brows. Why is she asking me about Micah. I guess she noticed the look on my face because she started saying something else. "I mean you guys have some great chemistry and I feel like he really likes you. You did just spend the night at his house"

"Yea as friends. I don't have any romantic feelings towards him. He's cool as friend" I replied back. "Why are you asking me this" I asked genuinely confused.

"Because I can really see you guys together--" I interrupted her before she could finish her statement. 

"Did he ask you to do this". By now I had  a small frown on my face. Amor was my friend and I didn't like the fact that he would try to get her to talk to me so I would give him a chance.

"Nooo. Trust me he doesn't have anything to do with this conversation. It's just that I really see you as a close friend of mine although it's only been like a month and he seems to be a good fit for you and you may not like him but i feel like you eventually will and I don't want Jada to get in the way of that" She said. This is not the first time Amor has said something to me about Jada possibly going after Micah. Now I consider Jada to be a friend and I would never be with a man after she has been with him. So the thought alone gave me something to think about. Do I like Micah? No. Could I potentially like him? I don't know. All I know is although he gets on my last nerve I enjoy the time I do spend with him.

"Girl I honestly only see him as a friend and...if he really did like me and wanted me he wouldn't get with her knowing that's my friend" I replied back shrugging off Amor's concern. She nodded her head yes in understanding.

"Y'all would be cute as fuck together though. You know he uploaded one of those pictures I took for y'all on Instagram" She said while laying back down and getting comfortable in her bed.

"Really" I asked. I didn't even know he had an Instagram. I mean but then again we're young adults who doesn't have an IG. 

"Yup and his IG name is underscore Micah underscore. I know you to chicken to ask for it " She said before covering herself completely with her covers. "Now quiet, It's nap time"