Chapter 11

POV: Kayoko

"Remind me why we are here?" I sigh, wiping the virtual sweat off my brow as the sun continues to attack me and Kyo in the middle of the day.

"To join the Moonlit Black cats, obviously." He crosses his arms over his chest, staring at the warp portal where guild should have appeared about half an hour ago.

"If they don't turn up in five minutes, let's just go to the dungeon before all the bosses disappear," I say impatiently, tapping my foot whilst I glance at the other player loitering around.

Then the portal shines with light and brown armoured player known as Keita emerges with four other colour themed players behind him.

"Hey, see you two turned up." Keita waves at us from the warp portal.

"Hey back," Kyo says back

"Nice for you to turn up!" I add sarcastically.

Keita laughs, apologises and begins to introduce the four other players. There are three boys, dressed in yellow, green and purple and a girl who looks eerily familiar as if I have seen her before. I brush the suspicions aside, trying to listen to the introduction.

"My name's Keita, I'm the guild leader. This's Tetsuo," He gestures to the tall purple player who smiles at me. "Who is one of our forwards."

Tetsuo and Keita, I will remember these name this time. I glance at the blue player again, scanning her over and over, trying to figure out where I have seen her before.

"We don't have another forward so hopefully, one of you two can fill this position." He continues, introducing the green armoured player next. "This is Sasamaru, our damage dealer and ou-"

The yellow themed player gives Keita a little shove and says "Sorry for boring you, I'm Ducker and I'm a treasure hunter."

"So a thief?" Kyo raises his eyebrows.

"A treasure hunter." Ducker corrects with a finger.

"Anyway," Keita coughs pointedly. "Our other teammate is also a damage dealer."

I glance again at the player hiding behind the other four players, the shortened black hair and green eyes snagging at my mind. Where have I seen here before? But when Keita says her name, I insanity know who it is.

And it changes a lot of things.

"Her name's Sachi."

No. No. No. No. No. This is bad. Very very bad. If I am right, if, then being in this guild is as dangerous as being at the front lines. If not more so. Because, if I am right, and Sachi is who I think she is, then she knows who I am.

Because if I am right, Sachi's real word name is Saki.

If the girl who kissed Kyo all those months ago is the same as the one standing in front of me, and she figures out that Kyo and Kyozo is the same person, it will not end up well.

Then she can put two and two together to find out that the red-haired girl who is at level 50 is the same as that pathetic girl who she bullied to get a copy of the game off her uncle. The one who trapped her and 10,000 other players in this game.

And the one who is responsible for the deaths of 2000 players.

The world seems to spin and a sick feeling rose in my throat, begging for release but I wouldn't give the feeling one inch.

"My name's Kyo and I'm a damage giver." I focus on the familiar sound of his voice, willing the worry to dissolve from my bones.

"Kira. I'm a forward." I try to keep my voice from vibrating. And Kyo notices this as well, switching his gaze to me for a second. Suddenly, my nickname is far too much like my real life one, Kyo's even more so.