Chapter 12

POV: Kayoko

"Move!" I am shouting as one of the petals floats past me to rest on my face.

"I heard about these from an information broker,"

"They're Sakura Wolves, their special ability is to dissolve into petals then attack while the player is blinded."

"Then we just have to stay together." Keita calmly says, whilst he examines the area behind him.

A white blur suddenly comes together behind the guild leader and I am moving towards it, charging a sword skill without thinking.

"Behind you!" He whirls but it is too late as the wolf reaches out its paws, mid-air.

I knock it aside with my sword skill, the system taking over my movements as I strike it again and again.

Anger soars. How many players had my designs killed already? If I had known... if...

"Kyo!"

"Roger."

Kyo doesn't hesitate as he knocks the wolf further away, the white body scrapping against the dungeon floor and a satisfying yelp sounds.

Then, in practised unison, we draw our sword upon my creation. The mixture of blue crystals flies around us as I turn back to the Moonlit Black Cats.

They stare. Just stand there and stare at me and Kyo. We just pulled something way off what our levels allow.

I take a deep breath, still scanning the space around us. Each sprite transforms into a cluster of exactly 64 petals if I remember correctly.

And if my counting is correct, there are still five wolves left.

"If you want to live, listen to me," They all glance back at Keita, who nods. "We stand back to back, lessen the chance we get caught off guard."

"Try and have a damage giver and then a forward," Kyo adds whilst we get into position

"One knocks the wolf aside and the other attacks. The odd one out stands in the middle and alerts everyone on the enemies location."

With Kyo one side and Keita the other, we circle slowly, steps careful, swords out like we are a deadly fan.

"In front of Kira!" Ducker shouts from inside our deadly fan.

The wolf peers at me, cobalt eyes full of hate. Was that always there, the hate? But I have no time to think about that now as its paws spring towards my face.

With the flat of his blade, Kyo swats the beast away like a fly, then steps back into the circle.

"Keita it'qs all yours." I tick my head towards the dazed creature and as he moves to attack, I guard his spot, ready.

Petals still fall around us as the next wolf shatters, then the next, until there are only another two left of the pack.

"Sachi!" Ducker warns the blue haired girl, the animal teleporting just side to her face, flattening her to the ground.

"Don't break the circle!" I press my arm to Keita's chest as he advances to help. "Kyo. take my place."

Then I dash fast, pulling and slashing the wolf of the struggling Sachi.

Her eyes are wide, heath bar heading towards the red as she pants. Her sword is shaking violently as she grips it tight.

"Hurry Sachi!" I holler at her "We need to move."

She opens her mouth to say something, moves her hands to get up but her fear gets the better of her.

"NOW!"