Chapter 19

POV: Kayoko

Morning light streams through the window. My lift my head from where I fell asleep, my neck cramping uncomfortably.

I yawn and turn over, and do a little screech. Kyo lies behind me on the bed, arms around my waist, breath on my neck.

"Kyo!" I nudge him. "Kyo!" I nudge him a little harder.

"Huh...oh Kira, give me 5 more minutes..." I trust over causing the bed to rock over.

"Fine. I am going to get changed. If you aren't up by the time I am back then I am never kissing you again." the words start off strongly, then weaken in a whisper.

He smiles sleepily "You are such as Tsundere Kira!"

"I am not!"

Everything feels lighter, brighter, newer. The weight I have been carrying for over 3 months has finally been lifted. I feel open and true to myself again.

I don't think I will ever regret saying those words last night.

When I return, I find out that Kyo has decided to ignore me and return to the land of snoring."

I smile, this is going to be fun.

"What was that for?!" Kyo yells as I tip the jug of ice-cold water of his head, not caring for the bed.

"I'll be down at breakfast with the others. Try not to fall asleep again, idiot."

"Yeah, but I am your idiot, right?"

I smile, and pull him closer, sharing a lightning-quick kiss before darting down the stairs

"Yeah."

************

Taking bites out of the bread roll, I listen to the conversation, trying to keep up. Kyo joins us halfway through, hair still wet.

"So, today, we were planning on buying the house. Obviously, since we all can't go, one other person will go with me to buy it and the others can stay here." Keita says between bites of his own bread.

With his mouth full, Ducker yells "I want to go!"

"We will do a draw dummy." Sachi interiors gently.

We all write our names on pieces of paper and Keita draws one out, in folding it.

"The suspense is killing me," I say sarcastically. "Keita, tell us who it is, hurry up!"

"Kyo, congratulations, when do you want to go?"

Kyo smirks "As soon as possible."

"Okay, let's go!"

"What, so soon?"

Keita only shrugs "you wanted to go, let's go."

As a group, we walk towards the teleport point in the centre of the plaza, other than us, no one else hangs around, all levelling up their hardest.

"Bye. See you soon." I squeeze Kyo's hand in goodbye. He squeezed back. It pains to let go, even if only for a moment.

"I'll be thinking of you all day."

"Please don't be cheesy."

He only laughs and stands beside Keita. 

"Teleport, Town of Beginnings," they say in unison. A bubble envelopes them until they disappear into the blue.

"I didn't know buying your own home would be this exciting."

"Hey, let's go and make some cash while Keita is buying the house."