Chapter 15

Writing while listening to crossing field and courage is the best ever!

POV: Kayoko

Screwing everything to hell, I hack at the bindings with my sword, again, again. Each time I manage to pull it out, the substance clings move to the blade until it is stuck fast.

Without a weapon, I turn, the wolf metres away, more petals swirling around me. I swat at them, knowing I don't have enough time for equipping anything.

"Wait Kayoko!" Kyo thrashes against the binds. "Don't be stupid."

I am way beyond being stupid. I don't know anything anymore for one thing. I know it even surer than my name. I have to save him.

No matter what. Me or him. Truth or untrue. Dead or alive.

It is always going to be him I choose.

I reach my hands towards fur, not knowing if I can get my hands around his neck but if I do, no breath with ever again come out.

My palm brushes over a wet nose and I want to recoil from the touch. Instead, I rake my nails down its face, the red lines appearing under them.

I leap back, out of its reach and turn back to my sword hanging from pink bindings. I pull down, willing it to snap.

"Kayoko, how could you be so reckless!" In his rage, Kyo forgets to use my own name and in my frustration, I don't correct him.

"SHUT UP!" I yell through my teeth, snapping my head back towards the wolf, breath ripping out in bleeding rags.

It twists in pain in the floor, pink markings over its body glowing. Around us, all the petals fall, forming back into wolves, their pink marks glowing a similar glow.

"What's happening?"

"Shut up." I wave at him, scanning my brain desperately for information while I continue to yank the sword.

Sakura wolves, tragedy lone players and bring them back to their base. Can transform into petals.

What else? What else? What else did I program them to do? Think. Think Kayoko, Kyo's life depends on it.

I press my head against the collum, letting the coolness soothe the raging in my brain. Then one line comes back to me, unearthed under the ash.

"They can be trained!" I exclaim, disregarding the sword, still stuck, I kneel over the nearest wolf, fingering through its soft fur.

"I am so full of love that I have begun to overflow and with every outward breath, flowers grow." I murmur under my breath, the poem rushing back to me in waves.

"This is a quest to show your love for a player, whether a friend or something more, so to tame the wolves which are symbols of love and to tame them we have to..."

I smack my palm against my brain, trying to dislodge any information that maybe be left.

I take another look at the wolf in front of me, the fur heaving up and down. A mark that looks like a lipstick mark raises and as I touch it, the wolf bares its teeth at me.