Author's Note

"In the end, we'll all become stories"
~ Margret Atwood

Words

To you, the reader, who wishes to dive into a world where nothing is real, to live the life you can only dream about, to soar through these words like they are clouds beneath your wings. There are no worries other than the approaching end.

To you, the writer, who paints worlds with the swishing, bleeding ink as it meets paper, and creates characters from cut-outs to flesh, from where stories become immortal; do not be afraid to use your mind, for such wonders spring from such dark places.

To you, the one who's afraid, who takes comfort from the blankets of familiar sentences and who traces vowels indented into covers to form them over lips.

Do not be afraid.

The words are always there.

************

Hello! I'm FourEyedSpectacle, the writer of this fanfiction. Though this is a piece of work that is long enough to be classed as a high fantasy novel and has spanned several years of my life, some might look down on me for choosing to 'waste' my spare time on a project like this. 

After all, what else is fanfiction other than nerdy and pathetic? 

I can give a few examples of what else it is: a way to be creative without feeling constrained by coming up with plots, characters or scenes unless you wish to. A way of forging connections between fellow friends of a show you love. A way to practice and hone your writing. 

Without this journey, it's almost not an exaggeration to say that I wouldn't be who I am today. I feel more confident with the stupid words I put down on a page, I've made friends and found myself offering advice to help others. Never have I been more convinced about the power of the internet.

I know that not many people choose to read Author's Notes but I feel that this part of the story - the part that you don't get to read - needs to be told as well. 

Sword Art Online is an anime that we can all admit is, in some way, flawed and yet, we find a liking within the series. This is not an attempt to rewrite the series. Her Mission To Save Them All is a story that is untold. A story of Kayoko and Kyozo, of raw human emotion and all that comes with it. 

And so, without further due, I will now present to you Her Mission To Save Them All.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

************