nine

Luke's POV

I had dropped Ryan off at that guy's house at around seven and it was now ten o'clock. I had a feeling in my gut that I shouldn't have left her there by herself, but she assured me she was safe, so I obliged.

I decided I would go to bed but I wanted to text Ryan to make sure she got home safely and everything went well. I pulled out my phone and opened my messages, quickly typing and putting my phone on the table beside my bed.

To Ryan☼
Hey just wanted to make sure you got home safely. How did it go with that guy?

I quickly got a reply and reached over to check my phone.

From Ryan☼
I need you

The second I read this, I jumped up to grab my jacket, and ran out of my apartment and into my car. I arrived within minutes to Ryan's house and impatiently knocked on the door. After about a minute, Ryan arrived and opened the door, nervously and hesitantly. Her cheeks were bright red and tear-stained, her hair was a damp mess from taking a shower, and she was wearing pyjama pants and a loose long sleeve shirt. She looked like a mess.

"Ryan, what's wrong? What happened? Are you okay?" I asked her all at once. She opened the door wider and let me in. I immediately leaned forward to pull her into a hug but she back away before I could. I gave her a confused look and she just walked over to the couch, me following in tow. I sat down and she sat beside me but pushed herself as far in the corner as possible without falling off the couch. "Ryan, please explain to me what happened." I begged, extremely confused with her behaviour.

"I-I... d-don't know how t-to say it." She started, stuttering her words and tears coming to her eyes. I wanted so badly to reach out and cradle her in my arms, but there was something off and I didn't want to scare her.

"Take your time. There's no rush." I cooed, trying to comfort her as best as I possibly could from a distance.

"I went to Noah's house..." She started, me assuming Noah was the guy's house where I dropped her off. "He said we were going to have dinner, that was it." She was really confusing me, but I was trying my best to follow what she was saying.

She paused, trying to stop herself from crying. I so badly wanted to hug her, but I didn't. She continued, "H-he pushed me into his bedroom and..." She trailed off again, looking at her hands. She wasn't stopping the tears this time, letting them flow down her face. I had a feeling I knew where this was going but I didn't want to jump to conclusions until I heard it from her.

"H-he r-raped me." That was all I had to hear to lunge forward to her and pull her into my embrace. She flinched when I touched her but relaxed into my arms almost instantly. She cried into my chest, as I rubbed circles on her back. I didn't say anything and just let her get everything out of her system.

I was feeling a range of emotions. I was enraged, how dare Noah think he had a right to do that to Ryan? But I was also mad at myself, for letting Ryan go into that place and leaving her there. And lastly, I was sad. I was sad for Ryan and that she had to go through this.

After about an hour, Ryan had stopped crying. She numbly sat on the couch, staring into oblivion. I had gotten up to make her some tea and when I returned, she was curled up in a ball, asleep. I picked her up bridal style, careful to not wake her, and brought her to her bed. I tucked her in and turned off the light, leaving her to get some sleep.

When I got back downstairs, I decided to text Calum and see if he knew anything.

To Calum
Hey mate, where are you guys? I'm at your house with Ryan.

I went to clean up the untouched tea I made when I got a text back pretty quickly.

From Calum
Michael and I went to the club and his parents went away for the weekend. Why?

To Calum
Something happened to Ryan... not my place to tell sorry

Although I know Calum had a right know, since he is Ryan's best friend, it wasn't my story to share and I didn't want to break Ryan's trust.

From Calum
Is she alright??

To Calum
She is now.

From Calum
Michael and I will be there in an hour

"Luke?" I heard Ryan say my name from behind me and I spun around to face her.

"Go back to bed, babygirl." I said, not even realizing the nickname that slipped out.

"I can't sleep alone. I'm scared." She said, either ignoring or not realizing what I called her. "Can you please sleep with me tonight, since Calum's not home?" I didn't have to think about the question before I nodded and followed her up the stairs. I took off my shirt and pants, before being tossed a pair of pyjamas from Ryan, which I assume were Calum's. Ryan slid into bed and I slid in beside her. She turned to face my chest and wrapped her skinny arms around my large torso. I snaked my arms about her shoulders and pulled her closer. This didn't even feel wrong, if anything it felt perfectly right.

"Ry?" I whispered to her, hoping she hadn't fallen asleep.

"Yes, Luke?" She said, looking up to meet my eyes.

"I think you should go to the police. Noah deserves to rot in hell." I said, hoping she didn't think I was being harsh. She hesitated on giving me an answer and looked away, before she met my eyes again.

"Will you come with me tomorrow? I don't want to do this alone." She said, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Absolutely." I said, feeling Ryan's arms grip tighter onto my body. We quickly fell asleep in each other's arms, like it should be.

Calum's POV

After Luke texted me, Michael and I rushed home. When we came through the door, the house was dead silent and I had assumed Luke had gone home and Ryan was upstairs sleeping. I didn't know what Luke was talking about, but just thinking about Ryan being in trouble broke my heart.

I said goodnight to Michael and found my way up to my room, quietly walking in so as not to wake Ryan. When I looked at the bed, I found another body in the space that's supposed to be for me. I immediately recognized the blonde hair and super tall body, smiling to myself. Seeing Ryan happy with Luke made me like the guy more than I already do.

I decided to walk to the closet and grab a spare pair of pyjamas, a pillow and a blanket, before heading down the hallway. I silently walked over to Michael's room and opened the door.

"Calum? What the hell do you want? It's the middle of the night." Michael complained, upon seeing my entrance into his room.

"Move over, you got a roommate tonight." I hit him with my pillow and he groaned, before moving over to make room for me in the king-sized bed.

"Why the fuck aren't you sleeping with Ryan?" He asked, probably annoyed that I was crashing with him tonight.

"Luke's in there with her. He texted me earlier saying something happened to her, that's why we had to rush home. I guess he didn't want to leave her alone and decided to sleep here instead." All I got in response was a groan and a mumbled 'whatever, night' from the man-child beside me.

I just hoped that Ryan was okay, and that nothing terrible happened to her.