thirty-seven

Ryan's POV

I finished reading the letter and I was speechless. Everything he wrote was exactly what I needed to hear to know that he is the man that I want to spend the rest of my life with. He is perfect and he is mine.

"I mean every word," Luke's voice echoed behind me. I spun around and jumped into his arms. I wrapped my legs around his hips and pressed my lips to his. There were tears streaming down my face and I had the biggest smile on my face. I pulled our lips apart and smiled to my fiancé.

"Thank you. That letter was exactly what I needed." I confessed, putting my feet back on the ground.

"I know it was. That was why I wrote it. You needed to know how I felt and I needed you to know how much I love you." He responded, holding my face in his hands.

"I love you so much. I am so thankful for you in my life and I honestly couldn't live without you. I can't wait to marry you and be your wife." I kissed his lips softly and wrapped my arms around the back of his neck.

"Me too, baby. Me too."

11:30p.m. on September 27th: The Night Before The Wedding

Luke's POV

In just sixteen hours, I will be standing at the alter watching my beautiful Ryan walk down the aisle to marry me. I am the luckiest man in the world.

I was laying in bed, waiting for Ryan to come out of the bathroom, when I heard muffled cries coming from the bathroom.

"Luke?" Ryan called out. "Can you come to the bathroom for a second?" She sounded scared and her voice was weak. Concern flooded my body and I ran over to see her sitting on the bathroom floor by the toilet. She had tears in her eyes and her cheeks were stained red. Her hair was a mess and she was clearly distraught.

"Baby... what's wrong?" I asked, immediately taking her in my arms.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," she sobbed. Panic started pumping through my body and the first thing that came to mind was that she was going to call off the wedding.

"What is it? You're fine, I got you." I cooed, rocking her back and forth.

"I'm pregnant." When I heard those words, I felt the biggest relief and then a sudden feeling of happiness. The biggest smile cracked on my face and I kissed Ryan. "You're not mad?" She asked, shock across her face.

"Mad? Are you kidding? I'm over the moon!" I hugged her. "This is what we wanted, right? A big house, kids?"

"Yes. Of course, yes. It's just... we didn't plan it and it was kind of an accident. I wasn't sure if you wanted it so soon after the wedding," she rambled.

"Ry, stop. This is perfect. I promise you, this is amazing news. Tomorrow we're going to get married and then in nine months we're going to have a baby. I'm going to be a dad! And you're going to be a mom."

"I'm so in love with you." She kissed me as she smiled. "You're going to be the best dad. And tomorrow, the best husband."