2

I got ready for the day. I was still freaked out by the dream. I wore a long sleeve purple shirt with a cross cross chest design and ripped blue jeans. I wore a black gem necklace and black combat boots with my hair up in a messy bun.

I walked out and saw a note on the counter

Emmie,
Went to the school early for set up. I printed you a schedule and I made some breakfast. See you later.
Love,
Dad

I looked at the stove to see cinnamon toast and coffee in the cup. I chuckled lightly. We really weren't a cooking family, but he always had a little bit of coffee ready for me in the morning. I put lots of cream and sugar in it. Mostly to cover up the taste of the special herb we put in it called vervain. It kept the vampires from controlling my mind, just in case we ran into one.

Not long after I headed to the school. I walked towards the front and it was like any other normal high school. I got inside and looked to my schedule.

I saw my dad's name. I guess that meant he was one of my teachers. I walked to the room number he was listed under and a whole bunch of people waved at me as I got there. I waved back confused.

I walked into his class and looked around. "It's nice." I said looking at his desk filled with papers.

"Yeah." He nodded as he closed the closet.

"So I got this teacher Mr. Saltzman. What a weird name." I said looking at him with a smile.

"Yeah sounds like a weirdo." He joked. "Hey try to make some friends today."

"What you plan on us staying?" I asked crossing my arms lightly.

"Yeah I want you to be able to graduate here. I want to stay here for a while if it's safe." He nodded lightly.

"Promise?" I asked looking up to him seriously. I was used to being the new girl, but it wasn't my favorite thing ever.

"Promise." He nodded as he smiled.

"Thanks, Dad." I smiled back as I hugged him lightly.

"And in case you need it, this locker has the weapons." He whispered as I looked to the locker.

I nodded once and the bell rang. "Looks like I've got to go. See you later." I said as I walked towards the door.

"Bye." I said before turning around and I bumped into someone. "Geez I'm sorry." I said as I looked up to see the blonde waiter guy. "Oh, Matt right?" I asked with a smile.