35

I inhaled deeply and took some more short deep breaths. I opened my eyes and looked up to see Damon standing over me.

"Are you okay?" He asked looking at my face.

I looked around still shocked. "Where's Elena?" I asked breathing quickly.

"I was going to go get her, I just- I needed to make sure you were okay first." He replied as he held the side of my face.

"Get her. Please." I begged looking to him before he nodded and vamped away.

I got up feeling a little lightheaded. I lifted up my shirt and the hole was healed. I touched it and sighed. I grabbed a stick and pushed it into my palm. I winced lightly and took it out. The hole bled but quickly vanished, healing itself. It was official. I was in transition.

I stood up and looked around. I saw Damon holding Elena bridal style as she lay limp in his arms. I went over and looked at her. I grabbed her arm and a tear fell out of my eye. "We have to get away from here." Damon insisted as I nodded.

We walked to a house and got inside. He went and put Elena on the couch and I stood by the door still in shock. I learned who I was and lost who I was all in one day. I felt overly emotional about everything, but honestly maybe it was normal since I normally felt nothing. Something about that made me not want to move. All I did was let tears roll out.

"Emma." I heard as I looked up to see my dad. He came over and hugged me and I slowly put my arms around him. "Are you okay? What happened?" He asked as I smelt something.

"I died." I replied sniffling lightly as I leaned my head on his shoulder. I looked at his neck and felt myself salivating.

"It's gonna be okay." He replied but I wasn't sure if I believed him.

I started hearing his blood gush through his veins. I wanted to bite him. I quickly thought about it and pushed him away as he stumbled into the wall.

"Emmie? Is everything okay?" Dad asked as Damon came over to me.

"Hey come here." Damon said guiding me away to the other room.

"I almost- Damon." I worried, breathing quickly as I heard a deep breath from the other room.

Damon paused. "It's Elena. She's okay." He reassured as I felt some relief but I couldn't manage to do anything. "Hey. It's gonna be okay." He said grabbing my face gently. "Let's go get you some blood." I nodded lightly.

He went to go tell my dad and I've never seen him look more sad. He couldn't be near me without the threat of me trying to kill him and that made me want to scream. I got into Damons car and I took a deep breath.

"What do I do?" I asked sitting in the passenger seat.

"What?" He asked confused.

"I found out I was half witch, had all my blood magically sucked out of me, and then I was killed." I looked to him.

"Wait half witch?" He asked confused.

"Turns out Katherine told the truth. Since I wasn't natural I possess magic in me and even though I don't look like them, I'm also half doppelgänger." I sighed. "I didn't even know that was a thing." I shook my head. "What do I do?"