4

I hadn't really talked to any of the girls since that night. It was mostly just talking to Tyler and math class and a casual hey from Matt at the grill. I honestly just thought he wanted to talk to me because I reminded him of Elena.

So I was basically back to square one.

I was getting ready for the day when I saw a paper I put on my desk. Career day was coming up. I walked out to the kitchen to my dad as he handed me some coffee.

"Career day is in an hour." I said showing him the paper.

"I'm chaperoning." He nodded as I put cream in the coffee and then took a sip. "Are any of your friends parents coming?" He asked as I put my cup down and looked at him.

"What friends, dad?" I asked with a sigh. I brushed my hair through my dark brown hip length hair.

"I thought you talked to Elena?" He asked.

"Well let's just say I had a really bad first impression." I responded with a sigh. "Her friends are kind of crazy."

"Aren't all teenage girls?" He asked with a smile.

"Haha." I said as I bawled up the paper and threw it at him.

"Well then maybe you should find some new friends then. I don't want you to not like it here." He explained to me with a small smile.

"As soon as I find someone worthwhile I'll let you know." I sighed as I looked down at my phone. "We should get going." He nodded and we walked out.

We got to the school where a whole bunch of people had things set up in the gym.

I saw Tyler looking at some art and I walked over. He was the closest thing I had to a friend.

"Hey." I smiled lightly to him as I looked at the book. There were black and white drawings that were really cool.

"Hey. What's up?" Tyler asked with a smile. He seemed really happy I was talking to him.

"Nothing. You are the only one I know other then my dad who I'd rather not stick with all night." I responded. It was way cooler then saying my dad was making me make some new friends.

I flipped through and saw Tyler's name on a paper. "Wait- you did this?" I asked almost surprised as I turned to him.

"Yeah. It's nothing." He shrugged lightly.

"I found it." I smiled wide.

"Found what?" He asked his eyebrows furrowed.

"The brooding girl-crazy jock's weakness." I smiled.

He chuckled lightly. "It's not a weakness just a hobby." He replied as I nodded.

"Still it's cool and you are insecure about it which makes it a sensitive subject." I nodded as he flipped through them. I was blunt, what could I say? "I draw a little too." I added.

"What do you want?" Tyler asked as I turned to my side to see him looking at a boy with brown hair.

"Nothing just surprised to see you here. Art usually implies culture and culture implies, well, not you." He said as I raised my eyebrows looking to him. What did Tyler do?

"Go to hell." Tyler said before walking away.

"Look at the signature asshole." I sassed the boy as he looked to the paper and back to me. I shook my head as I walked to another table. Her  was a douche.

I looked at the table before heading my name. "Hey." I saw Caroline smile to me.

I heard her and Matt were talking lately but it wasn't my business. As long as he moved on from Elena I was happy. "Hi." I smiled lightly before looking back at the table.