3

I was riding home with dad when I got a text.

Hey it's Elena. I'm having a sleepover with Bonnie and my other friend Caroline if you wanted to come make some friends. :)

I smiled lightly at my phone. Who'd think I would wish for girl friends and they'd just show up? But more importantly who'd think I'd find a girl that looks like me? I sighed lightly and asked my dad for permission before texting her.

Yeah I can come. I'll pack a bag now. Where do you wanna meet?

I asked before she sent me an address. I got together some clothes and headed to the address which was only a few minute walk from my place. I didn't have a car so I was used to him driving me. I didn't really have or want a job and dad didn't mind driving me so it was fine.

He dropped me off and I saw Elena talking to a guy. She seemed worried. I walked up and the guy turned around. "Sorry for interrupting." I smiled lightly to the guy and looked back to Elena.

"I forgot to tell you about what happened with everything going on." Elena said with a sigh. She seemed extra stressed. "Emma just came to our school and we- well- look like we're related." She even sounded like me except her voice seemed a little higher than mine.

"Yeah I see that." He scrunched his eyebrows. "You said your name was Emma?" He asked confused.

"Yeah." I nodded lightly. "And you?"

"Stefan." He said as I shook his hand that he held out to me. He had orangish brown hair and blue eyes. He looked just as stressed as Elena. "Do you mind if I talk to Elena really quick?" He asked as I shook my head. I waved to the car and my dad left.

"Bonnie is inside." Elena said as I nodded and walked past her and into the house. I looked back to them before closing it and Stefan was still very confused.

"Uh, hello?" I asked as I walked in. I heard footsteps and saw Bonnie. "Hey I'm Emma we met earlier."

"Elena told me you were coming. It's nice to see you again." She smiled as I smiled back.

"I'm kind of surprised to already be making new friends so early into being here." I said with a smile as she led me to the living room.

"Yeah well I think it has to do with your resemblance to Elena." She answered as I nodded. So that's why they invited me. "That sounded a lot better in my head. What I meant to say is that we are happy to be friends with you and that it's pretty crazy that you two look so much alike." She restated as I nodded.

"So Elena said another girl was coming too. Um her name was Caroline I think." I said trying to remember.

"Yeah. Caroline Forbes. She should be here soon." Bonnie said as her smile faded.

"Did something happen?" I asked confused.

"We are in a little bit of a fight right now." She explained as I nodded.

"Well good friends fix problems right?" I asked reassuringly.

"I hope so." She nodded lightly. "What about you any friends back home?" She asked as Elena walked in.

"Well I really don't have a back home. I move around a lot with my dad." I explained to them as Elena sat down.

"What about you guys? Elena you said you had a brother, what about you Bonnie?" I asked looking to the girl.