30

I sat in bed researching identical twins and it was possible for them to not be identical. Things like placement and chromosomes in girls made us different. It made sense but it didn't. It was actually a common thing, but I wasn't sure if that made me a doppelgänger. Katherine must've thought I had an even different reason as to why I was important.

I got up and went into the kitchen to get food. "Okay. Yeah." Dad said before hanging up the phone. "Isobel. She's back." He said looking to me as I looked at him and took a deep breath. "She saw Jenna last night. I'm gonna go try and talk to Jenna. She's been through so much."

"Uh, yeah." I nodded trying to process. I did just wake up. "Good luck with everything."

He left and I did some drawing. I drew another eye. This time it was a person trying to escape.

I heard my phone buzz and I noticed that Elena was calling me

I heard my phone buzz and I noticed that Elena was calling me. "Hey you okay?" I asked as I stood up.

"Yeah. John invited Isobel in and she wants to talk to us."

"He did- stupid. I don't want to." I replied agitated.

"Well she won't take no for an answer. Please." She asked as I sighed. "And if it makes you feel any better your dad may have punched John in the face."

"Yeah that does make me feel pretty good." I chuckled. "Fine I'll be there in ten." I hung up and headed outside.

I got to Elena's house and Stefan opened the door agitated. He wasn't too sure about this either. "Okay they're both here. Now what do you want?" Stefan asked as he went over to stand next to Elena and I stood on her other side.

"Since last time I was here I've been doing everything I can to find Klaus. We knew our best chance was to find him before he got to you two." Isobel explained as she looked to me and I rolled my eyes looking away. Elena was pacing angrily.

"Best chance of what?" Stefan asked sitting on the kitchen counter.

"Keeping Elena and Emma alive." John replied sitting at the same table Isobel was.

"You don't get to talk. Not after everything you've done." Elena shook her head.

He looked to me wondering my reaction. "I mean people I care about- we care about were put through crap because of you. Some even almost died because of you." I crossed my arms.

"Did you find Klaus?" Stefan asked with a sigh.

"No no one knows where he is. But there are rumors going around that a doppelgänger exists. That means all sorts of vampires that are trying to get close to Klaus will come after the rumor."

"You said a doppelgänger. So what's the deal with me?" I asked confused.

"Emmie you must have some magical purpose. It must be nature trying to find a way to do something." Isobel explained. "The least amount of people that know both of you the better." She nodded.