26

I was in the apartment patiently waiting for Tyler's fate. Caroline told me that he was hurting and that she was comforting him. Dad told me to stay calm. I was worried if he was okay and it hurt that I couldn't go check on him.

I heard a knock on the door and I went to get it. I saw Elijah standing there. I looked at him shocked as worry built up in my chest. "Hello, Emmaline. I'm surprised you are up this late." He nodded to me. He must've heard my dad say my full name or something.

"What do you want from me?" I asked confused.

"I've come to tell you that I'll be sticking around, per Elena's request." He shrugged lightly.

"Elena's request?" I asked crossing my arms.

"Well we've made a deal." He answered. "I promise to protect the people she loves in exchange for protecting her." He said calmly.

"What are you leaving out?" I asked curiously. "Why protect her?"

"Because Klaus will want both of you, but I won't let it happen." He nodded.

"You want to stop your brother? Why?"

"Well let's just say his plans are far from the good side of things. I don't want them to happen. That's all I can say." He smiled lightly.

"Do you know why he wants me?" I asked curiously.

"I've put some thought into it, but no. I assume your close connection with Elena has something to do with it." He sighed lightly. "We'll have to see though won't we?"

I looked at him confused when my phone rang. "Hello?" I asked after reading Carolines name on the top.

"He turned back. I figured you'd want to see him." Caroline explained through the phone. "Also he needs some clothes."

"Okay I'll be there as soon as I can." I replied through the phone as I hung up.

"I suppose that means your werewolf friend turned." Elijah smiled lightly.

"Yeah he did. You won't hurt me if I walk out will you?" I asked looking at him cautiously.

"Did you miss the part where I told you I'm protecting everyone Elena loves?" He asked tilting his head lightly.

"No, but you can never be too sure." I replied as I grabbed a pair of pants from my dad's laundry basket of clothes he had yet to fold and I walked out the door. "Thank you for the protection." I nodded to him. "I really hope you are genuine. Elena wanted to sacrifice herself and I'm glad we found another option." I smiled lightly but he didn't respond.

I ran out and to dad's car. Thankfully he left it at home and walked to the grill. I quickly drove to the quarters and ran down. I got inside and saw Tyler in Carolines lap. "I brought pants." I said as Tyler only had a shirt covering his butt.

Tyler took them and put them on. He looked at me and hugged me. He was sweaty but he needed it. "You did it." I said quietly as I hugged him tightly.

"I can't do it again Emma." He said as he held onto me. I looked at Caroline worried as she looked to me sadly.

"It's gonna be okay." I assured as I looked at him. His face was filled with tears. "You have us, okay? You'll get through it. You will." He nodded. "Now get your sweaty ass home, take a shower, and go to bed." I smiled to him.

He smiled to me and sniffed. "I'll take you home." Caroline nodded as she went over to him. I looked to her curiously. She liked him didn't she? I wasn't complaining though, I mean Caroline and Tyler would be cute.