5

"Really? There is no one you find attractive?" Caroline asked as we sat together eating at the grill.

"Okay that's a completely different topic. Yes there are very many cute guys that I like to look at but no I don't want to date any of them." I answered with a laugh.

Honestly Caroline was super fun to hang out with. She bought everything I needed for the decade dance that was coming up with no problems whatsoever. She was also all about boys. We had that in common, of course, but she was more into the emotional side of things.

"Why not? Don't you want a relationship? I mean I'm sure there are plenty of guys who'd be all over you." She asked with general curiosity.

"I don't know I just don't know what I'd do. I'd rather mess around a few times and move on, you know?" I asked as she nodded. "And if we are gonna talk love lives-" I started not even finishing because she already knew.

"Look I don't know. I was thinking I could invite him to the decade dance. I mean we spent all this time on costumes and I figured he'd want to." She shrugged lightly.

"Yes Caroline you should." I said supportively.

"So now you like relationships?" She asked with an eyebrow raised.

"I like watching other people in relationships, like I said, it's not my thing." I smiled lightly.

"Well I'm going to go get some rest. I have a lot of planning to do tomorrow. I wish you were on the committee to help." She pouted slightly.

"Yeah committees aren't really my thing." I crossed my arms lightly. Like I said before, Caroline was preppy and I was not. Committees were for preppy people. Sitting in the back and not giving a shit was for people like me.

"We'll meet me at my house at 5:30 tomorrow and we will get ready. Don't be late!" She warned as I put my hands up.

"I wouldn't dare, especially because you have my costume." I replied before laughing lightly. She walked out and I started to finish my drink.

"I thought she'd never leave." I heard as I looked up to see the guy with the icy blue eyes. The one from the other day and the one in my dream.

"Who even are you? Why are you here?" I asked looking at him with my arms crossed.

"Most people start with a hi first." He smirked at me.

"Maybe I would if you didn't show up virtually out of nowhere giving sass about anything you can find in the moment." I replied with a slight bit of disgust.

"That does sound an awful lot like me doesn't it?" He asked looking up with a slight shrug. I rolled my eyes and looked back at him.

"What do you want?" I asked looking at him blinking slowly.

"I wanted to know what made you decide to hang out with Caroline. Trying to get close to Elenas friends for personal gain?" He asked with determination as I furrowed my brows.

"Ok first of all it's none of the business what I do with my life and second of all why do you care?" I asked crossing my arms. Last time I checked Elena had a boyfriend and it wasn't this guy.

"I'm just a curious person." He shrugged lightly. "Plus there is the slight chance that you're my little brothers girl."

Now I got it. I remembered Elena's boyfriend was Stefan, only because Caroline kept talking about all the drama they had in their relationship. He was just saying that because he wanted me to know. She also talked about how she was with Stefan's older brother-