7

I met my dad at the house and it turns out Damon tried to compel him too. We told each other everything that happened. He also grounded me for disobeying him which was aggravating since it was the start of the weekend. Right after I drew to get my mind off of it.

Caroline said Matt kissed her and I was happy about it. I'm sure Matt would thank me for the advice if he had the chance. She also told me about a party coming up and I kinda wanted to talk to Tyler again.

Dad also just so happened to get the exact journal that Damon and Stefan needed to get to the tomb. It was just dumb luck but it was the best dumb luck I've ever had.

It said that the journal was with Giuseppe Salvatore. All the journal entries were dated in 1864. The same year Damon and Stefan supposedly knew Katherine. That meant this Giuseppe was related to them closely. A brother, father, uncle, something relevant. That meant they must've already had the book under their noses.

I was home alone for the time being to wonder what everything was about. Dad was at the school grading and photocopying the journal just to be safe. I saw crow at the window and it cawed at me. I looked at it and sighed. "Your life must be so much easier than mine." I sighed lightly before I heard the doorbell ring.

I went out to the door and I opened it to see Damon. I had to pretend I didn't really know him. "Okay first how do you know where I live, second why are you here?" I asked looking at him confused as I held the door slightly closed. There was no way I was gonna let this ass compel me to let him inside.

"Hmm. You're a snarky one aren't you?" He let out a soft chuckle.

"And you just now noticed. What do you want?" I asked with a sigh.

"Well can I come in?" He asked looking at me.

"No I'm grounded. No visitors." I replied with a shrug as if I wasn't intentionally trying to keep him out.

"What did you do?" He asked curiously.

"In the midst of dancing I forgot to check my phone and he was worried. I argued about it and here I am." I explained looking at him.

"He's kind of a hard ass isn't he?" He asked looking at me with a smile. It was like he wanted me to be his friend which was weird considering everything that happened.

"You keep avoiding my question." I said with my eyes squinted.

"I just came to say hello." He shrugged lightly. "Anyway, I've got a family dinner to go to at Elena's."

"I thought Stefan was dating her?" I asked confused.

"He is. What can I say I like to make his life difficult. It's a sibling thing." He added with a smile.

"I wouldn't know." I replied pursing my lips. "Have fun." I added before I closed the door. What was with this guy? Did he visit me because he wanted to make sure I didn't remember? Maybe because I wouldn't start anything? Whatever it was it was weird.

I stayed at home being bored as ever when dad came home and came over to sit with me on the couch. "What happened?" I asked noticing the worry in his face.

"Stefan stopped by. He knows about me which means he knows you lied." He sighed lightly. I knew he blamed me but it wasn't like I could change it and honestly I wouldn't.

"And he didn't kill you?" I asked confused. I was told all vampires were bad and there had to be a reason why he didn't.

"I gave him a copy of the journal." He nodded lightly. "Another vampire came in and stole the original and he is sending Damon off to get it. That's all I know."