12

School went by quick the next day. Tyler was a little out of it, but it wasn't anything I didn't expect. I walked outside to see Elena, Caroline, and Bonnie.

"You're back." I smiled lightly as I stood across from Elena.

"I am. I heard about everything with you and Elena. That's crazy." Bonnie smiled falsely. She was definitely still sad.

"Yeah it's totally crazy." I responded with a smile.

"Anyway back to founders court. Bonnie since we haven't been dress shopping in a hot minute I wanted to go find one with you." Caroline smiled to the girl. I noticed Bonnie was now rocking front bangs.

"Founders court?" Elena and I asked at the same time.

"Woah creepy." Caroline chuckled lightly. "Elena you know. Founders day pageant. We both signed up and we both got in. They announced the winners today." Caroline explained.

"That was so long ago. I completely forgot."

"So does that mean you are quitting?" Caroline asked hopefully. Elena shook her head lightly.

"Her mom wanted her to." Bonnie answered to Caroline. Caroline looked sadly to Elena.

"Well I wish you both luck." I smiled lightly to them.

----------

The next day came around and I got ready for the founders ball. I had to dress nicely but not nicer than the girls participating. 

I wore my fanciest floor length blue dress with my hair half up as well as my vervain bracelet, my black strap shoes, and a golden key necklace

I rode in the car to Elena's house. Jenna asked if dad could drive and he agreed. We got to Elena's and dad knocked on the door.

"Hey. I heard you're driving." Elena said as she held a bag. "Nice dress." She smiled to me.

"Thanks." I smiled back.

"Let me get that for you." Dad requested as he took the bag with Elena's dress in it from Elena's hands.

"Thanks." She sighed as she started walking to do something else.

"Yeah uh- how is uh- How's Stefan been lately?" Dad asked looking to her as I looked to him confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked him confused.

"He just has seemed on edge lately." Dad responded with a nod.

"He went through a bit of a rough patch, but he's bouncing back now." She nodded. I couldn't tell if she was certain about it or not though.

"Alaric." I heard as a man walked in. "Oh hi." He said as he looked to Elena and then to me.

"Oh yeah I didn't tell you." Elena said almost annoyed by the man. "Uncle John this is my long lost twin Emma."