46

We got done turning some wolves in Portland. There was about three blood bags left. I was sitting in the car waiting for Klaus to finish up when he answered a call. I turned the window down to listen in.

"Your father's dead." I heard the other line say as I raised my eyebrows worried. If Mikael was dead that meant Klaus could officially never be killed.

"What did you say to me?" Klaus asked as he stopped walking.

"Oh my mistake. Not your actual father, and not dead. Mikael. Daggered." The voice answered it sounded sort of like Stefan and it had to be. "What do you want me to do with the body?"

"Exactly what happened?" Klaus questioned.

"Mikael came up on Elena and tried to attack her. Damon and I vervained him and we found a dagger on him. Elena took it we dipped it in the ash and stabbed him." Stefan explained as I shook my head.

"You are sure he's daggered?" Klaus asked. "And answer truthfully. Your life depends on it."

"I watched it happen myself." Stefan replied.

I stopped listening. I'd never get away now. I'd forever be his slave. I felt myself wanting to cry. We had been at this for weeks and I already wanted to end it. How could I bare the rest of eternity?

Klaus got back to the car and looked at me. "Time to go back to Mystic Falls." He said as he turned the car on and I looked out the window. "What not happy to see your family? And your lover?" He questioned as I thought about them.

"What's your plan?" I asked looking at him.

"I'm not using you against them if that's what you mean. Unless of course they try something." He replied. It was inevitable that they would.

"Can I see them?" I questioned. "Talk to them with no catch?" I added.

"No." He replied. "I am grateful for everything you have done to help me, but I can't trust you lot together." He explained.

"I've done everything you've asked. I just want to see my dad and my siblings." I replied pleadingly.

He thought for a moment. He grabbed his phone and picked Tyler's name. "Hey buddy. How are you?" Klaus asked as Tyler answered the phone. I didn't bother listening in. I didn't want to hear his voice. It would just make me feel worse than I already did. "Homecoming? Really?" Klaus asked as he drove. "Well we'll have to change that won't we?" He added as I looked at him confused. "You find a way to cancel it and get it ready at your house for a real party. I'll get a band ready. We should celebrate for my father's wake." He hung up and looked to me. "You're going to need a dress love." He smiled to me as I looked at him.

"You'll pay?" I asked.

"Consider it a thank you present." He smiled lightly to me.

"I'd rather be able to see them." I replied and he sighed lightly. I could tell in that twisted mind of us that he considered my worth. He knew I was trying to be good and he respected that. Maybe there was even some pity for the amount of shit that hit the fan in my life. I could tell that he didn't really understand how to process it. I felt like he almost felt bad for not allowing me to see my family.

"I'll make a deal with you. You can come to the party. You can see your family." He said as I looked at him waiting for the catch. "You can't talk to them. You can't speak about what we've been up to and you can't tell them how much you've missed them."

I looked at him and shook my head. This was barely anything. I wanted to hug them, tell them I was okay. I knew I'd never get that though. Only people who were meant for life had good things happen to them and I was just a ball of unluckiness.