49

"You're with Damon aren't you?" Rebekah questioned as we headed upstairs.

"No not really. He moved on." I replied crossing my arms.

"He never was much of a keeper." Rebekah commented. "What happened?"

"Klaus took me and he started liking my sister." I explained. "It isn't really something I want to talk about." She walked into a room. She was kind enough to drop it. Not to mention she obviously liked me way more than Elena.

"So what colors do you like?" She questioned as she turned on the light and an assortment of gowns filled the side wall.

"Woah." I commented not sure what else to say. "Purple and blue are my favorites but I look good in red." I explained as she nodded.

"I'm wearing green." She replied.

"That'll complement your hair nicely." I smiled lightly to her.

She smiled back before sighing. "I'm going to be honest with you from the bag. I tried to kill your sister last night but Elijah stopped me." She said as I started to open mouth. "I just wanted to let you know before we became best friends or something."

"Oh, I'm glad you didn't I guess." I replied confused. Part of me wasn't even mad. I felt like half of me was rejecting humanity but the other half was working hard to figure it out on its own.

"Wow. I'd thought you'd be more upset." She looked almost disappointed at me.

"I'm not really good with processing emotions." I replied as she nodded almost as if she understood. I continued looking at dresses when I came across a blue one. I pulled it out and Rebekah looked. "I haven't had the chance to wear that one yet." She commented as I looked at it. "I think it would look good on you." She smiled.

"You don't know how long I've waited to do something fun." I smiled pulling the dress close to me. She gave me a look of understanding.

"Follow me." She smiled almost mischievously and we headed to a dresser. She opened it and there were a few velvet boxes. She picked one up and opened it. "These are real diamonds. I got it from a princess in England a long time ago."

"Wow. But why?" I asked looking at her.

"We have to let him see what he's missing." She replied with a smile.

"He's coming?" I questioned unsure if I still wanted to go.

"Well mother invited Elena and Salvatore's follow her so it's possible." She replied as I looked at the diamonds worried. "Come on are you really nervous?" She questioned.

"I haven't seen him in two months and after one he forgot about me and moved on. He isn't the first person that comes to mind." I explained.

"Well if there's one thing Kol is good at, it's making other people jealous." She added as I faked a smile. "Here." She said giving me the box of jewelry as I held the dress. "I'll get someone to do your hair and makeup and you should be ready by the time we go."

"Why are you being so nice?" I questioned holding everything.

"I relate to you. I know how hard it is to feel powerless under Niklaus. If you can't have your freedom you should be able to enjoy yourself from time to time." She replied and a small smile appeared. I nodded and walked out to my room. It wasn't long until somebody was helping me put in makeup.

"Did I say you could go to the ball?" Klaus questioned walking in.

"Kol asked me and Rebekah insisted. Not to mention everyone felt bad that you control me." I replied as my eyes were shut while the person put eyeshadow on me.