6

I walked over to Caroline who finally seemed calm. She was standing with Bonnie at a table and I saw Elena as well.

I walked over with a smile. "Hey." I stated to Elena who smiled lightly. I saw my dad talking up a storm with Jenna as they smiled and laughed with each other.

"Turns out the party is kind of lame." Bonnie explained with a sigh.

"We spent to much time getting dolled up to not enjoy it a little bit." I commented leaning on the table. "We should at least go somewhere where I'm not in direct view of watching my dad flirt." I added raising my eyebrow to him. It wasn't that I was against him being with people it was just awkward for some reason.

"Wait who's your dad?" Bonnie asked confused.

"Mr. Saltzman." I replied realizing she didn't know that yet. "The last name is different because he's my stepdad." I explained.

She nodded. "How did I not know that?" Caroline asked almost in shock.

"You never asked." I smiled to her. Elena went over to Stefan after some more talking. That's when I noticed blue eyed guy, Damon. The guy who killed my mother.

I noticed him walk over as I sighed and looked down my heart raced lightly but I was able to calm it pretty quickly. "Hi Bonnie." He said with a smile. "Wanna dance?" He asked as Bonnie scoffed.

"I'm outta here." Bonnie replied agitated.

"Please give me another chance." Damon said stepping on front of her. She pushed him with her shoulder and backed away.

"Back off Damon." Caroline spat before walking away too. I started to go when he grabbed my arm.

"Wait." He said as I pulled my arm from his grip and looked up to him. "I didn't know your dad was the sketchy History teacher." He stated looking to me his head tilted slightly.

"Sketchy?" I retorted crossing my arms. "Takes one to know one. Why do you care?" I asked looking at him angrily.

"Just starting up conversation." He shrugged.

"No that's not it." I shook my head. "You care for some unknown reason but I just can't understand why." I looked at him still mad. It was true that he was always coming up to me. I thought maybe he'd want me as his next meal which would be a bad decision on his part, but I felt like there was something else.

He smirked. "You think you know everything don't you?" He asked pointing his finger at me.

I looked at his finger and back to him. "I know more then you think." I replied with a shrug. God how I wanted to stake him right now but there were too many people.

He furrowed his brows. "And what exactly does that mean?" He questioned calmly.

"I'll tell you as soon as you tell me why you care so much." I replied as he looked at me with no response. "That's what I thought." I added before I walked away toward Caroline and Bonnie.

"What did you do?" Caroline asked with a smile. "He was totally speechless."

"More importantly what happened between you two?" Bonnie question seeming just as impressed.

"I gave him a taste of his own medicine. He just shows up out of nowhere and wants to talk. It's very stalkery. He's also very aggravating." I sighed.

"Well I feel uplifted by that gesture." Caroline smiled.

"Just be careful around him, Emma. He's bad news." Bonnie added with worry. Did she know? I nodded lightly.