38

The next day rolled around and I was in my room. Damon and I didn't do anything the night before but kiss. He needed time to heal and he was still upset about Stefan so I didn't expect him to do anything.

I woke up and I saw a set of icy blue eyes looking at me. "Good morning sleepy head." Damon whispered as I looked at him.

"That's creepy." I wiped my eye and and yawned.

"I was going for sexy." He added making a face at me.

I chuckled lightly. "Maybe a different approach next time then showing up in front of my face as soon as I wake up." I replied as I sat up and felt my hair. "I look like a mess don't I?" I asked as I stood up out of bed and went towards the bathroom. My stomach growled loudly.

"A hot mess." He replied walking over. "I figured you'd be hungry." He stated as he held a blood bag and gave it to me.

I opened it up and drank it, but I wanted it differently. I wanted it warm. Was that weird to want?

I took it out of my mouth and looked at it. "What's wrong?" He asked as I looked at the bag.

"I want it warm." I looked to him. "Like hot tea." I said as I drank some more.

"You mean like straight out of a person?" He asked curiously as I thought about it.

"Oh." I looked up at him concerned before putting the straw back in my mouth.

"Its natural now for you to want to go after humans. You should be able to drink without killing someone." He explained.

"Should be?" I asked after swallowing some more blood.

"It's possible that you might not know when to stop. It's called being a ripper." He stated as I thought for a second.

"Like Stefan?" I asked as I finished the blood bag and went for my hairbrush.

"Yeah." He nodded. "He goes to eat, thinks everything is fine, and then all the sudden he blacks out and rips off a head."

"I don't want to hurt the people I love." I shook my head. "Does that get easier?"

"No." He shook his head as I put the brush down. "The night I made you forget, I almost bit you. When your emotions are extremely heightened your true form shows." He explained as I nodded. He showed me it that one night in the backyard of the Lockwood Mansion when he said I should be afraid but I wasn't. "My feelings were so heightened that it came out."

"So it'll come in what case scenarios?" I asked curiously.

"If you're really hungry but that's a given, when you are really angry, and sometimes when you're really sad or happy." He explained as I nodded.

"What kept you from hurting me?" I asked already knowing but wanting to hear it again.

"You know." He smiled lightly to me as I brushed my hair the curls bouncing back up as I brushed through them.

"No I don't." I replied almost high pitched, wanting him to tell me.

"How much I wanted you safe. I have to fight it and so will you. You'll have to fight your urge to kill." He replied.

"I'll always want to kill?" I asked worried.

"Always." He nodded. "It's a constant fight with humanity. You get used to it though, it takes a little while when you start off."

"I need to learn how to control it before I see my dad, Elena, and Jeremy again." I  looked at myself in the mirror unsure if I liked what I was looking at.