42

I woke up and looked at my phone. Still no messages from Damon. I sighed and saw Elena's name.

Went to Chicago with Damon to find Stefan. Thought you should know.

Why didn't he tell me and why did he just leave me here?

Okay let me know when you get back.

I replied. I walked out and went over to the coffee. I looked at it for a moment wondering if there was vervain in it. I took a sip and it was good.

"Good morning." Dad said walking out of his bedroom.

"I wouldn't say good." I replied drinking more coffee but I really wanted alcohol.

"What happened?" He asked curiously.

"They are leaving me out of things again." I replied looking at him. "I thought I could finally help them but..." I shrugged.

"Well if it makes you feel better you aren't useless." He replied looking at me.

"Thanks but I feel like he thinks something different." I sighed lightly.

"So this is a Damon thing?" He asked raising his eyebrow. I nodded lightly.
"Listen I'm not the best with relationships but I know that he cares about you. He just wants to keep you safe."

"Then why does it feel like he just doesn't want me around?" I asked looking at him as he sighed.

"Sometimes you push away the people you love to try and make things better for them. He must think it's the best move." Dad explained but it sounded more like he was taking his side. "Just ask him about it when you get the chance.

Knowing that he wasn't siding with me made me angry. I wanted to hurt him, suck his blood right there. I looked down at my coffee and drank it. What the hell was wrong with me?

"I'll try." I replied with a sigh. I poured more coffee and went to my room. I opened the mini fridge I had in there and took out a blood bag. I decided to keep them in there because I didn't want to worry dad. Not to mention I didn't want to accidentally bite him.

I drank it and flipped through my sketchbook. I hadn't had the chance to look at it since everything that happened. I got to the last few pages and started drawing.

((Cred to the artist))

I could forget the sets of time while I was drawing so by the time I was done I didn't realize Tyler texting me. Apparently he found Caroline locked up being tortured by her dad. I quickly left the apartment and headed to see her. I got to their house and saw Carolines mom.

"Emma, she's been asking for you too. Come in." She smiled lightly to me as I nodded and headed to the back.

I got to Carolines room and I saw her crying onto Tyler. "Hey Care." I smiled lightly as I came over. She sat up and wrapped around me. We sat for a while before I decided to let Tyler take care of her. She was glad to see me but she didn't really want to talk about anything.