17

Later that night... Katherine's POV

I wasn't sure if I could trick both of them but I knew Damon was easier to target. Emma, the bold one, was the one he liked according to Isobel and she was definitely more like me. She would be easier to mimic, but she didn't look exactly like me. I decided to cause a little bit of emotional problems through Damon still.

I walked up to the Gilbert residence to visit Johnathon Gilbert. He was a real prick and I wanted him dead, or at least in pain. As I walked I saw Damon walk out of the house.

"Why are you in my house?" I asked looking at him.

"Is Emma okay?" He asked back. God what happened to her?

"Yeah. She's doing fine." I replied hoping for the best. "What are you doing here?"

He sighed. "Good. That's good."

"So... are you going to tell me why you're here?" I asked raising my eyebrow at him. He was still as attractive as ever.

"Well I tried to do the right thing. Emphasis on the try. It was a failed attempt." He replied.

"What did you do?" I asked furrowing my brows a bit.

"It's not important really." He shrugged as I looked at him. I had to be careful with my words. "I came to this town wanting to destroy it, and tonight I realized I was trying to protect it." He explained as if he was uneasy. "How does that happen? I'm not really a hero. It's not me."

"There's always a time for firsts." I was hoping I was saying the right things. I mean I was sure I was. This Elena girl was very friendly, like maybe even too friendly.

"No. Stefan is the one that gets the hero spot." He shook his head. I stayed quiet. Better safe than sorry. "Along with Bonnie. She has every reason to hate me yet she saved me."

"You don't think I'm a hero?" I asked confused. I thought she was a good girl.

"Yeah you too." He added as I lifted my head to him lightly.

"And Emma?" I asked curiously.

"I can't tell with her yet. She's hard to read." He replied as I nodded.

"Why do you seem surprised that Bonnie saved you?" I asked him my arms still crossed. He seemed to be completely buying it.

"She did it for you, but the thing is, I don't think you would care too much if I died." He let out a soft chuckle. "It had to be Emma."

"Of course I'd care." I smiled lightly to him. "I'm the one that convinced her, not Emma." I replied, probably lying. I saw this Emma girl. She would've done this for him.

"Really?" He asked unsure.

"You're important too Damon. Just because you've had a rougher past then Stefan it doesn't mean you can't be better." I smiled stepping closer to him.

"Thank you for helping." He smiled to me.

"Of course." I stepped forward more and he looked down at me unsure. I tilted my head up seeing how far I could push him. How much it would take to get him to come for me. I smiled lightly. I didn't know how she'd respond so I hoped this worked. I probably should've watched over them longer. He leaned forward and kissed my cheek and then rubbed it going for my lips. I leaned in and kissed him lightly before he backed away.