36

He opened the freezer and I saw blood bags. My mouth began to salivate. "Here. As soon as you drink this you'll complete the transition." He nodded looking at me.

"I'm surprised. You seem calm." I looked to him confused. "I'd expect you to be more upset."

"I should be but I'm selfish. I don't want to lose you, even if it means you're a vampire." He explained as I looked to the blood bag. Sitting here waiting was making me feel worse. I opened the blood bag and I took a sip, but I needed more. It tasted so good. It was like water in a drought. I needed it. I drank the whole thing and when I finished it I took a breath.

I started feeling a sharp pain in my gums. "Ah!" I groaned as I put my fingers over them. I felt fangs protruding from my mouth. I held my face in pain, dropping the empty blood bag on the floor.

"Hey. You're okay." Damon assured as he held my hand. "You're okay." He reassured again as I winced from my mouth. They went back in and I sighed relieved. He pushed back my hair from the side of my face and he wiped the blood that had gotten on my lips.

"Thank you." I thanked looking up to him.

"We should probably go get ready for the funerals." He suggested as he let go. "And get Bonnie to make you a ring. You won't be able to go without one." I looked down sadly as we walked out. I forgot about the bad things for a second there. "Do you think you can handle it?"

"Yeah." I nodded. "I hope so."

"You can stick with me. I'll make sure you don't hurt anyone." He nodded to me.

I felt my eyes tear up. "Ugh. I'm crying again." I laughed lightly as we got to the front door.

"What's wrong?" He asked worried.

"I don't know I feel like everything I've ever felt is hitting me at once." I shook my head.

"Your emotions are heightened." He replied as he wiped the tears that fell down my cheek. "If you need someone to vent to, I'm here."

"I know." I nodded as he started walking.

"I'm gonna go get ready. Need anything?" He asked looking to me as I shook my head. I watched him walk away with a small smile. I knew it wasn't the time to be happy, but my happiness was through the roof. Being with him would make me happy, but I wasn't sure if he'd accept it with everything that he told me about Stefan saying.

After about an hour Bonnie brought me a ring and dad brought me some funeral clothes. He brought a simple black dress with sleeves and some black flats. The ring Bonnie gave me wasn't the cutest thing ever but I needed it so I didn't complain.