8

The next week came around and I was glad it was the weekend. Caroline and Elena didn't talk much with me since they were worried about Bonnie. Her grandma died in her sleep apparently the night of the party. Matt finally got the chance to thank me for everything and I had talked to Tyler some more. I blamed the kiss on the alcohol because it was to blame and he was fine with it. Everything was surprisingly normal.

I was getting ready for the day and I was planning on playing pool at the grill with Tyler. I checked my phone and I had a message from Elena.

Need to talk to you. It's urgent. Stop by my house ASAP.

I looked at it confused. I guess I could stop by her house really quick. I told my dad I was heading out and then I left. I got to her house and rang the doorbell. She answered and she smiled lightly to me, but she also seemed emotional.

"What's going on?" I asked confused crossing my arms lightly as I walked inside.

"Remember when I told you I was adopted?" She asked as I nodded. "I found out who my birth mother is." I sat at the table where Stefan was as well as Jenna were waiting.

"When's your birthday?" Jenna asked me as I sat down.

"June 22. Why?" I asked as they all looked to me.

"And what was your mom's name?" Jenna asked with a smile.

"Isobel Flemming." I replied looking to her. "What's going on?" I asked looking at Elena.

"We know why we look so similar Emma. We found out my mom is Isobel Flemming. My birthday is June 22, 1992." She said looking to me as I squinted.

"You can't be serious." I shook my head. "I mean- why would she not take both of us?" I asked confused. "You have to be lying."

"I'm serious." Elena shook her head as she was smiling. "Emma I think we are twins."

"What?" I asked quieter as I looked at everyone. Jenna was smiling and Stefan looked at me with a blank expression.

"I have record of an Isobel Peterson going into Grayson Gilberts doctors office. It said she gave birth to two babies." Jenna said as I looked at it.

"Oh my god." I said as I looked at it.

"And she used the name Peterson, but I found it was fake too." Jenna explained. "Do you know where it could've come from?"

"I have an Aunt Trudie. I mean she's not my real aunt. I haven't seen her in forever. Her last name was Peterson." I said looking to Jenna.

"Is this them?" Jenna asked as she showed me a picture of my mom and Trudie as cheerleaders.

I smiled at it. "Yeah that's them." I turned to Elena. "This is like the real parent trap." My smile faded. "I just don't get why she'd-" I shook my head. "I'm sorry." I looked to her worried.

"Honestly right now I'm more shocked that I'm a twin." She shook her head with a smile.

"You know the other day, the foot thing." I said as I demonstrated my foot. "I do it too. It's my nervous tick I guess."

"Mine too." She chuckled.

"I have to tell my dad." I sighed. "Wait you have a brother." I said as I shook my head. "Did you find anything on my-our real dad. Was he an ass? He probably was." I sighed lightly. "This is-" I shook my head. It was too much to take in. "I- I have a twin sister." I smiled to her. I laughed lightly before everything came into realization. "Oh my god." I stood up and look to her. "Oh my god." I said as I hugged her.