1. The Tutor

**Give the story a chance. I know that the beginning is dumb and slightly cliched, but trust me, you're going to want to continue reading this story. =) Hope you like it!**

"Mother if you send me there I'll scream." I said glaring. 

"It's already been settled. Your uncle is very happy you're coming." 

I looked at the brochure then I looked at my mom. I took a deep breath and screamed as loud as I could. 

"Gracie May Howards! Quit that screaming!" My mom yelled at me. 

I quieted down and glared at her. "I warned you." 

"You're going to this school and you'll enjoy it!" 

"I highly doubt that." 

"Your uniform is going to come in the mail tomorrow." 

"I can't believe you did this without asking me." 

"It's the best school in the state. You have awful grades and this could help. You'll get good teachers and tutors. I had to pay extra for you to go." 

"Why the hell did you do that?! I don't want to go anyways!" 

She sighed. "Listen, I bought you this too." She handed me a box. I looked at it. Hair dye. 

"What's this for?" 

"To get those colors out of your hair." 

"Huh?" 

"It's not allowed. You can't have multicolored hair like that." 

I laughed. "Well, they're just going to have to deal with that." 

"Gracie please!" 

"Nope." 

She sighed. "When did you become such a disrespectful child?" 

"I don't know, but it's me, so deal with it." 

I stomped upstairs. I kind of feel bad for snapping at my mother like that, but she put me in this awful school without telling me. That wasn't very nice. 

I went into the bathroom and threw the little box of dye on the counter. I looked at my hair. The base color was naturally blond, then I had brown and black horizontal stripes all through it and random pink and blue colors. My mom wanted me to die my hair back to its natural strawberry blonde. No. I lash out. I know I'm a disrespectful teenage brat. I have my nose and bellybutton pierced and I want to get my lip pierced too. The only thing I truly liked and never want to change is my eyes. I have cornflower blue eyes that I constantly get complimented for. 

I sighed and collapsed on my bed. I decided to call my best friend. She's nothing like me looks wise. She's a petite brunette with green eyes and tan skin. There's nothing shocking or out there about her except she's really pretty.  

I dialed her number. 

"Hello?" 

"Hey Rose." 

"What's up?" 

"My mom shipped me off to some school." 

"Are you kidding me?! She finally did? She always threatened to." 

"I know, and she finally did. My uniform comes tomorrow." 

"Ew!" 

"I know!" 

"I can't believe you're leaving me. That's what you get for having crappy grades." 

"Yeah, so I've been told. Karma finally came to collect."