22. The Tutor

22

"Okay, so what happened?" Renee asked us.

"Your daughter insulted me. Tested me and I shoved pasta on her head." I shrugged.

"That's not okay. You can't do that in the middle of the restaurant."

"I'm sorry. I'll admit that I have some anger issues, but if she doesn't cross me again, we won't have a problem, but now that I think about it, I'm going to have a problem with your son too."

"What? Why?"

I paused. Maybe I shouldn't say anything. I mean, what if he's not out of the closet, I'm not that big of a jerk. Then again he did make a move on my boyfriend, and that's a big no no. I sighed. I'm not a jerk.

"Long story. Ask him."

"Fine, but I don't want you staying here anymore."

"She's not leaving." Carson said bluntly. "She just got here."

"Yes, but there has to be some sort of punishment."

"Well, if there's punishment for Gracie then there has to be for Sasha too." He paused for a second. "And why the heck am I talking to you about this? This isn't your house and I don't even know you." He turned to his dad. "She's not leaving."

"Carson, I'm sorry, but what are we going to do?"

"Let it go."

"How could we possibly do that?" Renee butted in.

"I bet it wouldn't even be half as bad if Sasha did it. She wouldn't have to go away."

I sighed. This whole conversation was going nowhere and I was getting really irritated. "How about I just wash dishes while I'm here or something. Sasha can help since it's partly her fault. She shouldn't have been so rude."

Renee and Rick looked like they were thinking about this seriously. After a few minutes of extreme irritation they finally turned to us. "Fine. You can wash dishes as punishment."

"What about Sasha?" Carson asked.

"She was the victim. I know that she probably said something she shouldn't have, but I know her, and she had to have been provoked." Renee said shrugging. "So it's not her fault."

"No." Carson said grinding his teeth. I wasn't sure if he was going to yell at her or take a nice swing.

Just to prevent either I placed my hand on his shoulder to calm him down. "Carson, forget it. There's no winning. Obviously no matter what I say I'm a bad person and Sasha is a saint. I'll just do the dang dishes. It's only for three days anyways."

All of the sudden we were all interrupted by a knock at the door.

We all kind of followed Rick to the door, curious to see who it was. He opened it and standing there was a very handsome guy.

"Matt!" Carson exclaimed. "You're back!"

The guy smiled, then I finally connected who it was. Carson's older brother! He looks strikingly like Carson. It's just an older more muscular version.

Matt smiled and walked in, dropping off his stuff.

"I wouldn't miss Christmas with my family." He smiled.

One question was buzzing in my head though; does he know about Renee?

"Good to see you again." Rick said patting his son's back.

"Nice to see you too dad." I could tell there was a slight strain there.

"Nice to finally see you face to face Matthew." Renee said shaking his hand.