3. The Tutor

3

After school I went back to my room and changed into basketball shorts and a tank top. I still have to go visit my tutor, I think his name is Carson Meyers. I threw my hair up in a pony tail and grabbed my bag and books.

I went to the spot the dean told me to meet Carson. He said in front of the library.

I walked up and I only saw one person there and to my utter horror it is the ignorant prick.

When I got close I just stood there. I figured Carson was late. The ignorant prick finally turned around.

"Oh you have to be joking." He said looking at me.

"What?" I snapped.

"I have to tutor you?!"

"Wait, you're Carson Meyers?!"

"Yeah."

"This is like some sick nightmare."

"I know, but there's no waking up so let's get this over with."

He opened the door for me. "After you miss drag queen."

I glared and went in. We found a far table and I set my stuff down on it. He pulled out his laptop and papers then sat down. I just sat down and waited for him to tell me what to do.

"Can I just ask something really fast?" I asked.

"No."

"Well, I'm going to anyways. Are you seriously the smartest guy in school?"

"Yep."

"What classes are you taking?"

"AP physics. AP Calculus. AP History. AP English. You know the whole nine yards."

"Then you have TA-ing for Mrs. Lenard."

"Yep."

"That's a lot for a person to handle."

"I'm not a normal person."

"I see. Why are you so condescending?"

"Okay, let's stop the twenty questions and start with Biology since I'm actually in that class with you and I know for a fact you can't do anything. So get your homework from today out."

I did. It was a little wrinkled because I didn't have time to put it in my folder. "I'm not going to comment on the shape your homework is right now, but maybe one reason you aren't doing so well in school is because you're unorganized."

"I just didn't have time to put it in a folder okay."

"Fine whatever. Let me see it."

I handed it to him. He looked it over and set it on the table. And then we began.

~*~

I was actually understanding my homework. The way Carson explained it just made everything thing make sense. It's incredible. I now know the difference between a lysosome, and a ribosome.

"I get it." I finally said.

Carson actually smiled for a split second (more like smirked actually). "See, it's not actually that hard. It's mostly remembering everything and keeping things in an animal cell and plant cell separated. Okay, now let's move on to Algebra."

I handed him my homework for that night and we were off once again. This time it was a little harder to understand. He had to explain everything a couple times, but after a while I finally did get it (sort of) and I did a couple problems on my own. Maybe I should've gotten a tutor a long time ago. That might have been what I needed to stay focused.