31. The Tutor

31

It's now time for my first tutoring lesson with Dawson and I'm dreading it beyond belief.

I walked into the library and went to sit down at Carson and mine's normal table.  As I was walking there I saw Dawson at another table.  I considered for half a second going and sitting with him, but then I kept walking and sat at our table.

I got out my homework and then I felt a presence next to me.

"You're not going to make this easy are you?" He said chuckling.

"Nope."

"By the way, I never got to mention your new look.  It's very interesting."

"It's not exactly a new look.  I just went back to how I looked before."

"Yes, but without all the crazy colors."

"Yeah I guess."

"I like it.  It's interesting."

"Thanks, I guess."

"Alright well let's get started.  So now that it's the second semester you have all new classes.  Let's take a look."

"They're pretty much the same, just harder, which is terribly unfortunate."

He chuckled.  "Okay, don't worry, I'm here to help."

"I wish you were Carson though."  I mumbled.

His brow furrowed.  "Gracie, I really am sorry to hear about the break up."

"Yeah, well that's life for you."  I said.  We have to keep the continuing relationship a secret, because of the wonder twins.

"Okay, so what's first?"

"Algebra.  I'm the worst at that, so we usually would start there."

"Alright, that sounds good."

For the next half an hour Dawson went over everything with me. 

I hate to admit it, but he wasn't a bad tutor.  I was still really used to Carson, but Dawson wasn't much different, just a little less knowledgeable.

Carson could always just tell me everything.  Dawson would have to look a couple things up to make sure.

Finally after my Algebra we moved onto biology.  Unfortunately I didn't have that class with Carson anymore.  He now is a teacher's aide in a different period.

Seriously, the next time I see Renee I'm going to ring her skinny little neck.

Finally after hours with Dawson we finished my homework.  I began packing up, that's when Dawson started getting a little nervous.  That was weird.

Finally I was about to leave when he grabbed my arm, stopping me.  "What?"  I snapped.

"Listen, I know you hate me, but I was wondering if you'd like to give me another chance.  Would you please just go out to dinner with me?"

"No." I said bluntly and walked away.

Maybe that was a little too mean.  Eh...oh well.  Technically I'm still with Carson.

I stomped out of there on my way I bumped into someone.  I looked up and frowned at a smirking Maya.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the ex girlfriend number two."

"Shut up Maya." I snapped.

"Hey, there's no reason for us to be snappy to each other anymore.  We're both the same."