34. The Tutor

**So as some of you know, I don't know if I want to be in the WattyAwards anymore. This is like my deciding chapter. I'm rating it PG, but if for some reason they rate it PG-13, oh well. I hope you enjoy it. ;)**

34

Our food finally came and I dug in. I was starving.

"Jeez, don't inhale it, you might choke." Carson said laughing at me.

I smiled and swallowed my food.

"So what else is on the agenda for tonight?" I asked.

He blushed and rubbed the back of his neck. "You'll just have to wait and see."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "What are you planning?"

"N-nothing."

"I don't believe you." I said taking another bite of my dinner.

He chuckled. "Of course you don't."

He turned and began eating. That's when I looked at his pocket again trying to see what it was that was in it.

I scooted a tiny bit closer to him and took a bite at the same time so he wouldn't notice. Then a little closer. Then I picked up my napkin and strategically dropped it right next to his pocket.

"Oh! Whoops." I said laughing.

I reached down to pick it up and in doing so I also snagged what was in his pocket.

"Got it!"

"Hey!" He yelled.

I looked at it closer, then I turned to him with wide eyes.

"What the heck are you expecting to happen?" I asked.

He turned bright red. "Listen Gracie it's not what you think."

"A hotel key card? Explain."

"Okay, let's see if I can get this out without it sounding bad." He cleared his throat. "Please believe me that I had no bad intentions and I wanted to wait to explain so you wouldn't get the wrong idea."

I crossed my arms. "Keep going." I edged him on.

"I just thought since we can never be together because people are constantly around it would be nice to just have some time to ourselves with no risk of being found out. Where we can just be together with no interruptions or problems. The hotel is a distance away too so that we could have more time. So you see it was just to be with you. Nothing bad intended." He took a deep breath when he finished.

I eyed him and he looked really worried. Then a smile spread across my face. "I was just messing with you. I don't care what your intentions are. I just want to be with you." I laughed.

His worried look changed into shock, then a soft smile. "You're a dork." He kissed my cheek and I giggled.

"Let's finish eating first. I'm starving still."

He chuckled and we finished our dinner in record time.

We got the check, he paid and we walked out. The minute I got outside I shivered violently.

"Here." He wrapped his coat around my shoulders. I smiled and pulled it closer.

It smelled like him and that immediately calmed my nerves.

We got in a cab and began making our way to the hotel.

About half way through though he jumped in excitement. "Oh! I almost forgot!"

"What?"

"This." He pulled out a little black box with a red bow on top. "I know it's a little bit of a cliché boyfriend gift, but I had to get it for you."