26. The Tutor

26

"Let's go for a walk Gracie." Carson said that night when I was feeling better. I was just packing up all my stuff when he was leaning on the doorway.

"Why?"

"Can't I just go on a walk with my girlfriend without any ulterior motive?"

I eyed him questioningly. "Fine. Let's go on a walk." I stood up and we both walked downstairs and outside. It was very chilly, so I pulled my sweater tighter around me.

He then slipped his hand in mine. We quietly walked down the street hand in hand. "So listen, I know it's not for a couple of days, but I got you your Christmas present."

"What?!" I yelled, shocked. "No! I don't want it!"

He looked surprised by that. "Why?"

"Because...I haven't gotten you yours yet." I said looking down. "I had planned on getting it when I went home and then giving it to you when we got back to school. I never had any time to get it before. I'm sorry."

He chuckled. "Calm down Gracie. I ordered this present online a couple weeks ago. I didn't have time either. It showed up at the house just the other day."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I didn't get a chance to wrap it though."

"That's okay." I said smiling at him. "What is it?!"

"Calm down Gracie." He said laughing.

"Fine. But I really want to know!"

"Okay, and you'll find out if you stop bugging me."

I pouted. "Fine, let's keep walking."

"Alright."

"Is it back at your house?" I asked when we continued down the street.

"Nope. It's right here." He said pulling out a cute little box.

My eyes widened. "What is it?" I said calmer.

"You know, you're right. We should just give each other the gifts once you have a gift for me too. So, let's wait until we get back to school." He put the tempting little box back in his pocket, out of sight, but not out of mind.

"No! Carson! You can't do that! Its' not fair!"

He laughed. "All is fair in love and war."

"Give it to me." I grumbled.

"No, it's my present to you, so I get to decide when to give it!"

"You irritate me."

"Nothing new sweetheart." He laughed.

"Carson Meyers?!" I heard someone yell.

We both turned around confused. I saw three boys walking up to us. They looked like a bunch of thugs. You know the type of people you see smoking under aged, drinking, and wearing super baggy clothes that never actually fit. One had black long hair, another was wearing a beanie and the third had a hat on with some sort of weird symbol.

"What are you doing here?" The one with the hat said smiling at Carson.

I looked up at Carson and his expression was weird. Like he was confused, worried, but forcing a smile. "Well, um...I'm home for Christmas break."

"Oh! That's right! You're still going to that preppy school."

"Yep, been going since freshmen year."

"Well, who's this?" He asked, looking at me.

"Um...this is my girlfriend Gracie May. Gracie, this is Greg, Tyler, and Wyat." He said pointing at the one with the hat, then the one with the beanie, then the one with black long hair.