24. The Tutor

24

I saw her run into her house and slam the door shut. I sighed and walked over there. I can't believe those boys would be so insensitive. Okay, yes, I am a lot of the time, but I feel bad...I mean I got him and she didn't, and even though she's a creepy stalking cow! Excuse me...a slightly over obsessed young girl, she still has feelings, and her feelings just got really hurt. I know how it feels to be rejected, that alone is not fun, but when you add them laughing at you, that just plain sucks.

I knocked on the door lightly. "Who is it?" I heard the muffled voice whisper on the inside. She sounds like she's been crying.

"It's Gracie."

"Oh God, I don't want to talk to you."

"Hey, at least I care! I just wanted to see if you were alright. Those boys were really rude to start laughing. I'm sorry."

The door cracked open slightly. "You are apologizing to me for them?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"I know how you feel. I've been rejected before too."

The door opened just a jar more. "Really?"

"Yes, many times."

"Okay, I'll believe that." She scoffed.

"Hey! I'm the one trying to help here, no snide comments."

"Sorry."

"Your apology is noted. Anyways, I just wanted to make sure you weren't over here hanging yourself and I wanted to try and get you to come back."

"I don't want to face them again." She pouted.

"Oh, come on. It will be fine. I'll be there and you still haven't met Sasha or Keith. They may not be the friendliest people or even worth your time, but everyone likes to meet new people, right?"

"Who's Keith?"

"Don't get your hopes up hunny, he has the same motive as you, Carson."

"He's gay?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"Well...I don't know."

"I'll get the boys to apologize to you." I said shrugging.

"I guess it couldn't hurt to come over for a little while longer."

"That's the spirit."

She opened the door all the way and stepped out. Her makeup completely un-smudged. I seriously need to find out what products she uses.

We walked a little ways over when she finally broke the silence. "Thanks Gracie."

"No problem. Just to let you know though, I'm not normally this nice, so don't get the idea I do this a lot and if I insult you tonight, I probably won't feel as bad."

"Noted."

"Good."

We walked back inside and Matt and Carson were standing there. They looked up at us and Carson looked really surprised.

"Apologize." I said in monotone while glaring at the dynamic duo.

"For what?" Matt said.

"Embarrassing her. Being a jerk. Being insensitive. Having no heart. Take your pick."

He sighed. "Fine, I'm sorry Mimi."

"That didn't sound sincere." I said.

"Come on Gracie."