10. The Tutor

10

The best friend day included make-overs, shopping, a movie, and dinner. It was so much fun, but it didn't distract me. I freaking miss my jerk of a boyfriend!

The whole week passed by slowly and Thanksgiving came and went just like that. I still have a week left too. This sucks and my family won't leave!

Unfortunately it's Monday and Rose had to go back to school, along with everyone else.

I laid in bed watching re runs of Spongebob. This is just fabulous. At about twelve thirty I can go to the school with a visitors pass and hang out with Rose during lunch.

It was eleven thirty when I finally decided to start getting ready. I was sitting there in sweats and a t-shirt. That's not the most attractive outfit.

I haven't talk to Carson in a couple of days, so I'm a little down.

I changed into skinny jeans, a long sleeve shirt, cute jacket, and black ankle boots.

I wore my hair down and straight.

I walked out and down the street. I don't live that far so I decided to walk. It was quite chilly outside, but I liked it.

I finally got to the school and it brought back so many memories. Being thrown out for my shenanigans. Good times.

I looked at the wall on the side of the school where Principal Michaels caught this guy I was interested in and I making out and I got another detention.

The tree that I climbed up to hide from Mr. Michaels, when he was in hot pursuit after he figured out I was the one that hit him with the pudding.

I smiled to myself and walked inside. I wonder if he'll remember me. I have grown up since then quite a bit.

I went into the office. The secretary looked up and smirked. "Gracie May. I never thought I'd see you walk in here again."

"Pauline. It's so nice to see you too." I said, using her first name.

"What do you want? I thought you went to some prestigious boarding school?"

"Well, I'm still on break, so I thought I'd visit my friends during lunch."

"Fine. Sign in and I'll give you a visitor's pass."

"Thank you."

I signed the paper and then Mr. Michaels walked out of his office and stopped dead in his tracks. "Oh crap." He said with wide eyes.

"George!" I smiled.

"Gracie May, what the heck are you doing back here?" He said smiling.

"I'm visiting. I'm still on break."

"Well, please try not to cause too much havoc. It's been so nice and orderly with you gone."

"Oh, I know you missed me."

He just shook his head and laughed as he walked out.

Pauline handed me the visitor's pass. I smiled and took it. I walked out of there and to the cafeteria.

When I walked in I searched for Rose. People slowly began to actually notice me. When I was here I definitely made a name for myself and I'm not someone easily forgotten.

I pretended like I didn't see the people pointing and whispering.

Finally someone spoke up. "Gracie?!"

I looked over at Melissa. She doesn't exactly like me after the whole rat in the back of her shirt fiasco sophomore year.

"Hey Melissa!"