23. The Tutor

23

"Gracie, can I talk to you?" Matt said the next day. It was a nice day out finally. Chilly, but there weren't many clouds.

"Sure."

Carson was taking a shower upstairs because apparently today they're hosting a barbeque. I wasn't aware of this.

Matt and I sat on the couch in the living room and he looked at me seriously. "It's about Carson."

"What about him?"

"Well, first of all you have to know that lots of girls are after him."

"I found that out the hard way."

"Yes, well there's one in particular you need to watch out for."

"Who's that?"

"Mimi. She's been our neighbor for the past ten years and she's a year younger than Carson. The minute she met him she fell in love, but she has a bit of an abrasive way about her. She's freaky, and she's very unstable."

"Okay, well thanks for the warning."

"There's more." He paused and I waited for him to continue. "She's very tall. Just about two inches shorter than Carson and she's probably one of the most beautiful girls you'll ever see. She's a model."

My eyes widened. "Oh wow. Well...Carson isn't interested is he?"

"Well when he came back from school a couple years back and she had become this Amazon beauty he was a little interested, but just because she looked different didn't mean her personality changed. She was still a nutcase and he quickly realized that, but she has a lot of tricks up her sleeve and you have to remember Carson is a man and he's young. That's the worst because he's the most susceptible to her charm."

"Are you saying he's going to cheat on me?"

"No, but I'm saying she's going to try and get him. Or she just my kill you. Either way you need to be on your toes."

"She sounds like a real piece of work."

"Yeah, even more than you."

"That's saying something."

"Well, just watch out. She usually rushes straight over when Carson gets back, but she must just not know yet since he got home only last night."

"Right."

"I'm positive she doesn't know about you."

"Is it bad that I'm actually excited to meet this so called psychopath?"

"No, I figured you would." He smiled.

"By the way, I have a quick question."

"Shoot."

"Why are we having a barbeque on a freezing winter day?"

"Because it's fun, duh!"

I laughed. "Touché."

We heard someone coming down the stairs and turned around to see Carson. "Hey." I smiled.

"Hey."

"Your brother just informed me of Mimi." I said smirking.

His eyes widened. "Oh God! She's not coming today is she?!"

"Sorry Bro. She is." Matt said.

"I would rather her not kill Gracie."

"Well, I'm sure Gracie can hold her own."

"She's tough, but I've never seen such a strong creepy girl as Mimi."