You saved us

Rory's POV

We make it back to the plane, we all sit heavily down thinking of what just happened. Shane sits next to me.

"I'm recommending you for a medal Ror." He says to me and I look at him shocked.

"Why?" I ask curious.

"You not only saved me, you saved us all. You saw the trap and found a different route, if it wasn't for you none of us would be here right now." He says thankfully.

"It's what I was trained to do." I say, it wasn't a big deal not to me anyways.

"He's right Mare you did save us all. How's your arm?" Tris asks me.

"It's fine just a little flesh wound." I say brushing it off.

"When we get back to base you need to have the doctor look at it. Here take this, your going to call  your husband and tell him your on your way home." Shane says handing me the phone. I nod and make the call.

Finn's POV

We finished lunch and we started to play poker. We were starting on a new hand when my cell rang. I looked down at the caller ID I didn't know who it was so I thought it might be a business call.

"Morgan" I say.

"That's funny, I'm a Morgan to." the voice on the other end says.

"Rory?" I say shocked and the guys head snaps towards me looking on with curiosity.

"Yeah babe, I'm coming home." She says happily.

"Are you ok? Are you hurt?" I say concerned for my wife.

"I'll be fine, I have a flesh wound but when I get back I'll get it looked at." She tells me and my heart drops that someone hurt her.

"When will you be home?" I ask her.

"Sometime tomorrow baby, we're still in the air." She tells me.

"I'll see you then. I love you baby." I say to her.

"I love you too, see you then. Also we're getting a week off so we can go somewhere for our honeymoon." She tells me and I'm happy we get to go away.

"I'll start making plans." I say giddy. We hang up and I look over at the guys waiting anxiously waiting to hear what she said.

"So?" Colin asks.

"She'll be home tomorrow, she said she has a flesh wound." I say.

"That's good that she'll be home tomorrow and that she wasn't too badly hurt." Robert says. I nod and start calling the family to tell them that's she's safe. I didn't tell them that she's on her way home. I'll wait till she's safely on base.

Rory's POV

We finally landed and I was escorted straight to the doctor with Shane. As I was getting looked at I hear

"Luv, where are you?" Finn says dramatically.

"In here Finny." I say giggling and the curtains open and Finn makes his way to me and kisses me softly.

"Mate what happened to you?" Finn asks Shane.

"It could've been worse if it wasn't for her." Shane says pointing to me.

"What do you mean?" Finn asks confused.

"If it wasn't for her none of us would be here, she saw a trap that would've done us all in. She got a scrape while pushing me out of the way. She told the others to back out slowly she had to knock me down when the blast went off. We didn't know there was a secondary and I flew back and hurt my arm. She's getting a medal for saving us all." Shane says proudly. Finn looks at me with love in his eyes and admiration.

"Your out of commission for awhile until your arm heals sir. Your going to need surgery and physical therapy." The doctor tells  Shane.

"Alright I'll make sure the higher ups  know who my replacement is." Shane says.

"Who's it going to be?" I ask curiously.

"You are, I've been doing this for years. You saw something that I didn't even see. You'll be able to lead this team until I come back. Maybe one day you'll have a team of your own." Shane says proudly.

"Wow that's amazing luv." Finn says smiling.

"I'll say." I say still in shock.

"Your all set, stitches can come out in a week." The doctor tells me I nod and make my way out with Finn. Tris and the team are waiting for us and we wait for Shane to come out. He walks out a moment later.

"I would like to introduce you to your new leader Rory. I will be out of commission for a while." Shane says.

"Get better and come back to us." I say hugging Shane.

"We'll see you soon bro." Tris says. The others guys hug and wish him luck and we all part ways. We head to the cars and head home, I need a good long shower after everything that happened. Luckily all the hostages were safe as well as the team. A few injuries but nothing major. As soon as we got home the phones were ringing off the hook. The families wanted a family dinner to welcome us back home. That night we got ready and when we were done we headed to the restaurant to meet up with them. As usual we have a private room and the hostess escorted us in immediately. The moment I walked in the elders surrounded me.

"Darling what happened to your arm?" Nathalie asks concerned.

"Are you ok?" Finnegan Sr asks concerned.

"How bad is it?" Grandpa Strobe asked.

"Guys chill we'll tell you, just let us sit down first." Tristan says laughing. We all sit and order our drinks.

"Yes guys I'm fine, just a little flesh wound." I say.

"Could've been worse." Tristan mutters but the others caught what he had said.

"What did you say Tristan?" Marcus asks shocked. He heard him but he wanted to be sure. Tristan sighs and runs a hand through his hair.

"I said it could've been worse." Tristan says.

"What do you mean?" Janlan asked concerned.

"If it wasn't for Mare here we wouldn't be standing here right now." Tristan says looking down.

"Why do you say that?" Finnegan asks curiously. We tell them what happened. They were shocked but what shocked them more was that I was going to be leading the team for a while. They were thankful that we were home safe and sound.