Casualties and injuries

Rory's POV

Two and a half months later we were still in the desert, It's now the end of July. I've called and emailed Finn several times since we've got here. We've already been on a few missions and we're one step closer to our goal. Now we're being briefed on the final mission and when it's over we can go home. I'm counting down the days, we leave in six hours to go on our mission. I head to my room and get an anti nausea pill, a knock on the door interrupts me.

"Come in." I say and Tristan walks in.

"Hey Tris." I say.

"Hey Mare, how you feeling?" He asked.

"Stomachs bothering me. It's got to be the crap that they call coffee here."

"Yeah the coffee is crap." Tristan says agreeing with me.

"Want to work out?" I ask him.

"Sure." He says and we head to the gym. We work out for a few hours and head back to our rooms to shower and relax before the mission after my shower I called Finn.

"Hey baby." I say.

"Hey, how are you?" He asks.

"I'm good just got out of the shower, I just worked out and now I'm just relaxing." I say softly.

"I can't wait til you come home." He says emphatically.

"I'm counting down the days." I say evasively.

"You know when your coming home, when?" Finn asks excited.

"I wish I could tell you but I can't jeopardize the mission." I reply sadly.

"I understand baby, you'll be home soon." Finn says assuringly.

"Listen babe, I have to go I need to get some sleep before the mission." I say.

"Alright baby, I love you." Finn says.

"I love you too." I say and we both hang up. I take a short nap and when I wake up I get dressed and head to the armory and get my gear on where I meet my men.

"Grab extra ammo." I tell them.

"Alright." Austin replies.

"Guys watch your back and each others back. Where we are going is very dangerous and we all need to get back safe." I say.

"Yes ma'am." They all say in unison, I just roll my eyes. After we pack and get our gear together we head to the command center. We're there for an hour going through all the details before we head for the helicopters. We all get on and make the flight to our destination. We land and we all jump out of the choppers.

"Night vision boys." I say and we all pull the goggles down as we make our way to the compound.

"Watch out guys, this one likes to set traps." I say warning them. We slowly make our way  in and I get an uneasy feeling.

"Guys something's up." I say warning my unit.

"What's wrong?" Shane asks seriously.

"I have an uneasy feeling, I feel like we're being led into a trap." I say.

"I think you might be right." Tristan says, next thing we know an explosion goes right off by us and we're blown back.

"Shit. Is everyone alright? Check in." I command.

"Present." Tristan says.

"Present." Austin says.

"Present." Ben says.